Skip to main content

Ticking Timebomb

First of all, a shoutout to those who commented on my blog recently. Thank you so much for the positive messages even though we don't know each other. It means a lot to me.

In my previous post, just as I finished writing it, I took to my twitter still being all upset because I still didn't feel too good like I'm just not worthy of dealing with life's current stresses. I am feeling as if I am this ticking timebomb about to explode. Truth be told, I have suffered from depression before twice in my life when I was in my teens. It went untreated because nobody knew. Eventually it went away though it took months but when it did go away it was as if this heavy burden has been lifted from my shoulders.

Actually my problems are not new. It is just that somehow I manage to pull through each and every time and seriously, I do not know how. Mentally, it is torturing. Physically, well, I get splitting headaches which render me weak and I have to turn in early coz I couldn't cope and will try to sleep. Even as I'm typing this away on my phone, I am still nursing a headache. It went away for awhile when I took a nap but when I woke up later to have a sandwich my mum prepared, it came back again. It is like someone is knocking inside my head with a sledgehammer.

Yes my mum takes care of me when I'm sick but not really in a motherly way but more like, if I don't do this she won't shut up, kind of way. Trust me, while some others may keep to themselves when they are not well, I tend to be noisy. How can I not? I have low pain threshold and the pain can get unbearable at times.

That aside, I am actually hoping if I could get an early salary brought forward from next month due to the hari raya celebrations. While I know it means that October pay will come much later, or rather feels like it is such a long way to go, I guess I could cope coz end of September, we will get our quarterly maintenance money. But I'm not using all of my September pay only to be broke soon. I'm just keeping it mostly and use just a little to buy, say, a new outfit for hari raya. God knows how much money we all spend during this occasion. My only saving grace is that we don't really go house visiting or that people come to our house. It is just a family affair.

For now, I want to concentrate on starting my own accessories line and hope to get it done by end of this week. I know one of the ways to beat this poverty cycle is to basically start a business. They also encourage those low income single mothers, not that I am though, to start small like making cookies and cakes for hari raya orders to supplement their income. Hey, who knows, my so called future business can take off to a good start due to people's preparations to look good during the month long celebrations. Now if only I am not suffering from this splitting headaches. Ow. I'm actually covering my head with a bolster pillow to lessen the impact and hence why I am able to type. Lying down on my mattress helps too.

So let us hope for the best that I can get through this state of depression.


Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld
Powered by Gee! from StarHub

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...