Skip to main content

No Fashionista But Can Still Work an Outfit

I've mentioned before that I am in the plus size range and I have always been in this range, though the sizes varies, haha. I have gone up to size 20 before and at one point of time, I actually worried because that was the biggest size, at least in Singapore :S Anyway, thankfully I went on a strict diet (remember, that no coconut milk diet?! *weird*) and exercised vigorously at one point of time, I went down a few sizes. But still, I have always feared going into clothing shop and the people trailing so I normally go to those that don't have such creepy salespeople. 


So I declare myself a non-fashionista. I don't follow fashion BUT I do observe what people wear in general and then when I like something, I get fixated about it, haha..like gosh, I wanna get the same one! Basically, I go through fashion phases and these phases can last a long long time, haha. Anyway, I like to mix and match. I like colours and I dislike brown though occasionally I do buy brown outfits, hrm.


I am very particular about what I wear because I don't earn much so I try to buy clothes that I would wear for a long time or at least be mixed and match with other existing pieces of clothing in the wardrobe. 


Some of the places I buy my clothes from are Forever 21 when on sales, Mango during sales though sometimes they're not really that fantastic, Cotton On and that sounds very little but yeah, coz I don't really explore around. Sometimes I do find good buys like those bin sales selling tops for as low as $10. I think I mostly go for the latter, haha. I'm such a cheapskate.


Anyway, I always believe that you don't find the clothes, the clothes will find you. What you expect, coming from a cheapskate. So I don't really actively go out on a shopping spree and buy buy buy. I basically just sometimes look see only and then, I can chance upon something that I may like and would wear and then work out my budget and see like oh, I can get it since I can afford it.


 So, something like that. Anyway, here's some pics taken this year which may interest you and give a you a hint on what kind of clothes I like to wear and perhaps, you can find some inspiration? Doubt so but heck, here goes!


Dubbed the superman outfit. Nevertheless, a combi not to worn ever, haha.
I like cropped cardigans over a shirt.
My fav black top which I wear when I'm not out with friends. Got some slimming effect, hehe.
I got this from F21. I like it coz I don't have to wear inner tubing. Just wear it over & go. With pants or skirt of coz.
The top was on sales. Best to be worn with pants. Worn with skirt, makes my tummy looks fatter.
From Cotton on, I got it at $15 and I like it coz makes me slimmer, haha.
From Fox, bought ages ago. On bad days, it can me fatter looking but oh well. I like the colour.
Not a fan of jeans but anyway, I like this cropped yellow cardigan bought from Bugis market for $10.
At this point of time, I'm not looking for new clothes coz I'm on a tight budget but knowing me, I will probably get something small coz I believe that even if you are broke or don't earn that much, you can still find something flattering on you yet affordable.


So for those plus size girls, I believe that you shouldn't feel left out. You should feel proud of your body whether you are a size 16 or a size 10 or even a size 20, like me once upon a time. Don't compare yourself to others and then wish that if you were as slim as that girl, you can wear ANYTHING. Trust me babes, not all outfits fit skinny girls but fit full figured girls like us.


All you need to know that if the outfit makes you look good, then stick to that. Don't look into the mirror after you do the comparison with other girls and then you declare, oh I look fat. It happen to me. Realize that you should be proud of what you wear and that it makes YOU LOOK GOOD. That is more important.


From the pics, you may think that I am of 'average size'. Actually I'm not. But you know how pictures can lie, haha. Sometimes, it's just the angle. 


I don't wear those tops with mini cap sleeves nor do I wear sleeveless. I just think that my arms don't fit that. At first, I had difficulties just trying to get a normal top over my chubby arms and then my thick waist :S so I used to wear those very big tops with slits at the side so that I can fit over them. That is why nowadays whenever I can fit something, inside of me will shout 'yes!!' coz I feel proud that they could fit though in recent times, bigger size clothes are easier to find than during my times. Gosh I feel old. 


Okay, one last outfit.






I like this stripped black and white top. And ahem, that robot guy, heh.
I admit that occasionally I like wearing tops that have about 5% of lycra IF I don't feel so bloated which is like 95% of the time. Why? Coz it has the ability to suck it all in, hahaha! As if. Sometimes, my mind is psychoed into thinking I look slimmer but in actual fact I don't. I just like it, don't ask why!


Okay when I go to work, I am mostly in skirts. When I go out with my brother or myself, I wear denim skirts and just a simple t shirt. With friends, depending on the occasion, I may dress up a little but mostly mix and match.


Oh, accessories? I used to love bracelets but nowadays, I luv drop down earrings or any fancy earrings long earrings from F21, since they are mostly less than $10 and they have nice designs sometimes.


What do you like to wear?

follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...