One Step

Just as I thought my life is pretty sucky right now, sometimes other peoples's lives are dealt with a heavier blow. My heart sanked when I was fetching two boys from their respective classes where I was with the younger one for a longer time. Here they were with their usual sibling bantering and teasing and without any knowledge that one of their parents had passed away earlier in the morning. I was so sad for them as they were so young with their cute and round chubby faces and also coz within those few minutes, the younger boy was just so adorable, smiley and friendly.

Oh God...be strong boys.

By the way, Chuck has officially left as of Wednesday and I didnt get to see him on Tuesday which was his last day coz I was on leave. But prior to that, I had written him a small note printed with a cover of a Goodbye greeting card. I just wished him all the best and that hey, sometimes change is for the better..unless he turns evil. My lame attempt at being funny. But knowing Chuck, he would laugh at anything. Oh Chuck, gonna miss the times when we would go together to get free food. Like earlier, they had a table of finger foods and drinks outside the general office but since we were not invited to take, I was too shy to go. None of the office people went except my Ops manager. My other male colleague was not around because he went to Pulau Ubin with some groups of boys coz if not we would go together also.

Sigh, even though they were just finger food which I saw them take and didnt really look so appetizing since Im not a fan of Nonya's kueh, I wanted to take a cup of the orange drink. Damn...stupid me. Where were my usual 'kakis' or free food eating buddies when you need them?!

Shouldnt be so shy...but hey, I think out of pity, God still showed his kindness when one of the teachers came and gave me one whole container of nasi lemak of hers from the event in the afternoon which was not part of the refreshments line up. She didnt want it so she gave it to me. Ok God, next time Rahayu wont be so shy anymore and you know it's not that I dont want to but my eating buddies not around! I tried to ask one of my other colleague and she was like not interested. But I still thank You for taking pity on me because at least when I went home, I had food to eat and share with my mum.

You know, Im kinda am tired of couples in a relationship crisis because of infidelity when I watched my soap dramas. But uhm...yah....dont get me wrong, but for some couples, maybe infidelity wasnt such a bad thing because the actual couple together was just so..wrong! wrong! wrong!

On the other hand, I got to see how strong love can be when one would do anything for the special person...to keep him alive and not die from not finding a liver donor. One of the storylines in this soap drama called General Hospital:Night Shift which is a spinoff of General Hospital. It came to a high time drama when there was an explosion at the hospital and I hope Dr Kyle is ok! Dont die on me! Because of you, I'll never look at a tall blonde guy differently anymore!

Ok so I dont quite fancy blonde guys coz..well...I dunno, the hair colour seems so wrong with guys. But! I sure think a guy with a pair of cute dimples is simply adorable when he smiles! I admit I watched this teen soap drama called Greek ONLY coz of this guy. So cute!

Speaking of drama, my parents are back with their bickering. And now my father is also upset with me because he said my face looked so unhappy yesterday at the food court and he was like telling my mum, why in the first place I brought him to the hospital on the doctor's advice if I didnt want to? Well, like I got a choice. If I didnt bring him, he would think that I was being unfilial. I thought it was pretty weird coz I know my mother would always be the one who would be unhappy with me if I show my famous sour face but this time round, it was my father.

Im so sorry but who wouldnt be so dumb struck when I forked out $85 dollars even before treatment at the A&E and then after almost two hours of waiting, a short diagnosis from the doctor concluded that he didnt have to be hospitalised after all. And then the medicine was a miserable seven tablets only. If it was not so serious and easily treated with pills, why the heck the doctor at the poly refused to treat him when he saw my father's swollen ankles due to water retention?!

So you tell me...is my face justified for being all sourish? I didnt mean to anyway but I was really worried about how I was going to feed the family with lesser money because for $100, that would be for almost a week of budget. Still, I am sorry for making him feel that he was a burden to me yesterday.

Sigh, I am holding on to life right now and just taking one step at a time. Everything happens for a reason and sometimes, life will get better.

Comments

Popular Posts