Goodbye Chuck

Hey,

remember my previous posts that I talked about 'Chuck'? Sadly, as anticipated (or as eavesdropped by me), he would be replaced with a new Technology Assistant or TA. I didnt expect it to be so soon. He is such a nice guy...geeky....but nice...like a 'buddy buddy' sort. Today is his last day and I wish him all the best though the time spent talking to him is pretty short coz the first few months, we didnt really talk that much. So for the past two weeks, he has been training a new TA who is Malay, younger and can easily be mistaken as an some 18 yr old teenager. Ok.....make that a cute teenager you want to just slobber on...IF you are an 18 year old female, which unfortunately Rahayu is not (though she knows she will always be 18).

Well, he is friendly...though in a stalkish kind of way, where he would like just stand behind me quietly...or just say 'HI!' as I was passing by his desk which almost made me dropped my cup...and giving me this very tired 'help...me...' kind of puppy dog look as I was standing to retrieve a file in the cupboard.

I dont know if it's because he is comfortable being around me since Im also Malay while the rest are Chinese (and Eurasian if you count Chuck). Or maybe Im just attractive..heh..ok, I think the first reason is more valid.

Anyway I suppose he is under tremendous stress trying to absorb so much things about the school computer and server system. When he went toilet, I asked Chuck how was he and he whispered to me and my colleague that he is probably not going to last long.

Sigh, gonna miss disturbing them. When I say something and it sounded funny to them, they would giggle together in a sorta synchronised manner like a pair of geeks. They're often together too that when you see only one, we tend to go like...'where's your friend?! I thought you're always together?'....and Chuck would protest...'Like I got any other choice!'...heh heh. But he is upset that they wont be able to work together and that he felt he is just being taken out like that and plonked somewhere else which he has no idea where they are going to place him.

Sigh, you will be dearly missed Chuck by all of us.


post signature

Comments

Popular Posts