Skip to main content

Bit of Spunk

Sigh, I hate it when my mum starts to complain that I put on weight on the...behind. Yes, the asset that J Lo is famous for. Seriously, the way she described it just now, she was like.....'you're getting fat! I saw the shape of your butt when you were sleeping..and it was so round and plump. It's not supposed to be like that!'

Okay, maybe she's half right. Hey, dont blame me. It's almost two weeks since the end of the fasting month, so er..naturally, we will look like we're putting weight back on since we have started eating as per normal. Ok....blame on rahayu also....for not being to control the snacking monster in me. Sigh, I can lose weight pretty fast...which is a good thing, but I can put on weight, just as fast too. What can I say, my weight is very versatile.

So from Monday onwards, to keep me on track, I have a deadline Im eyeing on and that is the November 15th. That day is either going to be the gathering of my ex colleagues (which I dont mind going...but dread paying the costly 15 dollar ticket...seriously?!) or a gathering with my friends for a belated birthday gathering. Of course if you ask me, I'd rather go with the second option but I dunno, I still have not decided yet.

Whatever it is, that will give me like about a month to try to control my snacking so that my self esteem wont be at its lowest where all the clothes I try will seem...'wrong! wrong! wrong!' Ever had that day when you feel so bloated that the fashionista in you go for a holiday?

Anyway, if you notice that I have not been blogging regularly, it just goes to show that not only have I lost control of my eating, I also lost a bit of control over my life. Now thank God for my mum and brother who has helped me a lot like emptying the filled to the brim waste paper baskets in my room as well as take the dirty laundry to the service balcony.

I do get crummy moments like this which can last a pretty long time. I dont know what makes me so....crummy......as if life puts me on an endless loop of misery. I need that bit of 'pick me up' moment which for once do not come in the form of internet pictures of guys with tight abs and muscled arms. Im not complaining though.

Hey, maybe...I need to get to know someone new....someone that puts a smile on my face..and completely puts me in a 360 degree spin. I know sometimes life has its fair share of surprising moments..but unfortunately, in mine, I cant even remember having a real crush on anyone!!

Seriously, I have no issue with being a single because I do believe certain things happen for a reason (like hello? messy girl anyone?) and I suppose once I straighten my life a bit, maybe I will be like the single stalk of flower where bees come to suck the nectar out of me. Somehow that metaphor sounds a bit screwed. But you get my point. I may not be ready to let go of my singlehood yet...but...I do want to meet new people.

And when I say meet new people..I meant guys. Im not trying to sound like a cheap Geylang girl or something but I do want to add variety to my social life and it doesnt hurt to have guy friends, right? At least it's nice to know that some guy, or guys maybe, think that hey..it's pretty cool to have a friend like me.

I dont know what guys nowadays look for in having girlfriends but I am sure that among the group of potential love interests, those who do not make that list, do not end up being dumped. At most, end up as a good friend and Im fine with that. Jus make sure that he does not tell me Im not girlfriend material in my face....and I'll spare him my cat claws.

post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Ray of Light

The act of falling in love. Very subjective and it also depends on the object you desire. Well, if it is the 'whoa mama!' sort of hunk or good looker, then yours truly has fallen in love many times over and over again. But a guy who has stolen my heart for good..well...that has yet to happen. But let's not talk about my non existent love life. Let's just ponder over the act of falling in love. From what I have observed through several tv shows or even movies, I gather that well..not everyone is so lucky to have fallen in love at first sight. It takes time, and maybe it will even take boyfriend after boyfriend or girlfriend after girlfriend before reality smacks your face and you end up with your very first boyfriend (gasp!). What a truly merry go round. Hey, it happens. Because we make mistakes and we are too blind to notice how someone can truly bring you happiness by their sheer volumes of care and concern for you. In the midst of crisis, a ray of light shines through...