Bit of Spunk

Sigh, I hate it when my mum starts to complain that I put on weight on the...behind. Yes, the asset that J Lo is famous for. Seriously, the way she described it just now, she was like.....'you're getting fat! I saw the shape of your butt when you were sleeping..and it was so round and plump. It's not supposed to be like that!'

Okay, maybe she's half right. Hey, dont blame me. It's almost two weeks since the end of the fasting month, so er..naturally, we will look like we're putting weight back on since we have started eating as per normal. Ok....blame on rahayu also....for not being to control the snacking monster in me. Sigh, I can lose weight pretty fast...which is a good thing, but I can put on weight, just as fast too. What can I say, my weight is very versatile.

So from Monday onwards, to keep me on track, I have a deadline Im eyeing on and that is the November 15th. That day is either going to be the gathering of my ex colleagues (which I dont mind going...but dread paying the costly 15 dollar ticket...seriously?!) or a gathering with my friends for a belated birthday gathering. Of course if you ask me, I'd rather go with the second option but I dunno, I still have not decided yet.

Whatever it is, that will give me like about a month to try to control my snacking so that my self esteem wont be at its lowest where all the clothes I try will seem...'wrong! wrong! wrong!' Ever had that day when you feel so bloated that the fashionista in you go for a holiday?

Anyway, if you notice that I have not been blogging regularly, it just goes to show that not only have I lost control of my eating, I also lost a bit of control over my life. Now thank God for my mum and brother who has helped me a lot like emptying the filled to the brim waste paper baskets in my room as well as take the dirty laundry to the service balcony.

I do get crummy moments like this which can last a pretty long time. I dont know what makes me so....crummy......as if life puts me on an endless loop of misery. I need that bit of 'pick me up' moment which for once do not come in the form of internet pictures of guys with tight abs and muscled arms. Im not complaining though.

Hey, maybe...I need to get to know someone new....someone that puts a smile on my face..and completely puts me in a 360 degree spin. I know sometimes life has its fair share of surprising moments..but unfortunately, in mine, I cant even remember having a real crush on anyone!!

Seriously, I have no issue with being a single because I do believe certain things happen for a reason (like hello? messy girl anyone?) and I suppose once I straighten my life a bit, maybe I will be like the single stalk of flower where bees come to suck the nectar out of me. Somehow that metaphor sounds a bit screwed. But you get my point. I may not be ready to let go of my singlehood yet...but...I do want to meet new people.

And when I say meet new people..I meant guys. Im not trying to sound like a cheap Geylang girl or something but I do want to add variety to my social life and it doesnt hurt to have guy friends, right? At least it's nice to know that some guy, or guys maybe, think that hey..it's pretty cool to have a friend like me.

I dont know what guys nowadays look for in having girlfriends but I am sure that among the group of potential love interests, those who do not make that list, do not end up being dumped. At most, end up as a good friend and Im fine with that. Jus make sure that he does not tell me Im not girlfriend material in my face....and I'll spare him my cat claws.

post signature

Comments

Popular Posts