Study Interest

At last, I may be embarking on my studies, if all goes well. Since I will be given a training grant of 2k and some payout for the special resignation scheme (not retirement, as I earlier said) and with a 2 month bonus, I think I can safely say that I may finally have enough money for my studies next year.
 
Plus, my mum has given her stamp of approval for me to pursue this course....provided there is enough money for the family and the course doesnt start too early.
 
I told her that it will commence in April, August and November. Most likely I will be able to start in April. But this means that I have to watch my expenditures come bonus and payout because that will have to standby for my education fees.
 
Most prob I will pay in full before I start becoming poor..haha...that I wont be able to pay for the instalments.
 
She advised me against taking a course in business studies but in computer since it is more in demand.
 
As I search, I think this will be 'okay' for me..
 
Diploma in Information Technology
(Recognised by Edith Cowan University, AUS)

Course Curriculum

Information Technology Management
To create an awareness of the importance of information technology as an effective planning and control tool for knitting the organisation together across national boundaries.

Fundamentals of Information Technology
To equip students with fundamental concepts of computer, adequate knowledge of business computing concepts, hardware and software components, and information processing skills.

Fundamentals of Software Development
To familiarise students with the stages involved and the tools used are emphasized to present a clear understanding of developing robust and efficient designs from which computer programmes are developed.

Business Statistics
To equip participants with skills for data processing and application of statistical methods in business forecasting.

Visual Basic Programming
To provide a firm foundation and knowledge of the Visual Basic 6 programming environment based upon programming techniques and practical exercises.

Discrete Mathematics
To provide participants with knowledge on discrete mathematics and how this branch of mathematics applies to the information processing in a computer.

Internet and E-Commerce
To develop an understanding of the Internet and key concepts of E-commerce along with its implementation and impact on businesses.

Software Engineering
To introduce students to the principles and concepts of software engineering and to understand the software processes and mechanics involved in producing quality software.

Yes, it's a headache. BUt then again, computer knowledge is like that. Headache at first but then once you get through it, can be quite a breeze..

This is taken from the MDIS website.

Comments

Popular Posts