Outsourced Part Three

I told you that I applied for both jobs right? But I was also taking a risk...a very expensive risk. You see, not all will get the payout under the special retirement scheme (yes, I 'retired' at a young age) and I happened to be one of the lucky one to be offered this payout because of my perm position and that I have been in service for more than three years. However, knowing my financial history of holding such amount of money before, it will only last me few months and then I will be back to square one and still doing field work.

I didnt want to travel anymore so at first, I thought that hey, if I have been offered the library job I would have to turn down the vendor which will also mean I wont be getting the compensation. Oh, by the way the compensation or payout is estimated to be a few Ks and based on my number of years in service with the board, I will be getting at least 5 to 6K. Now isnt that sweet money. Some of my colleagues are getting a bit more because they have been working for more than 5 years.

I think precisely because of this amount that some of my colleagues raised the concern to me. My initial decision was to keep my options open but eventually, I would have to take up one and its a matter of which one Im more keen at. But from their experience and expertise, it is not easy for a company to compensate that kind of amount. And then for all the years that they have worked, this is a first for them to be compensated. Some were even asked to leave within 24 hours or immediate pack and go despite their years of service with the company spanning more than ten years. And then worse thing is that even if I applied for the internal position, whether or not I get it, I wont get the money and worse comes to worse, I will be left jobless...and so called penniless. Why? Because as long as I have been considered for an internal posting, as a potential candidate for employment, it is a good excuse for them not to pay me based on this consideration that I still wanted to work with them even if I was rejected for the post.

So they said even if I wanted to look for a new job, at least take the money first and then slowly look for a new job. Meanwhile, I should also choose to go with the job offer given by ST Log and at least I will stand to have both: the money and job before embarking on a new job search.

It also seemed that they were offering this internal job offer to some of the perm staff but they were smart enough to see it as a ploy for them not to offer the payout. They told me not to fall for it and just stick to the general gameplan. I am thankful for their advice because as much as I thought I did make a wise decision of applying for the internal post with the risk of losing the payout, because I didnt want the remainder of my pay to be used for field work travelling expenses, it may not be a wise decision after all.

But if I see it from another perspective, if I can tap on my budgeting skills, the payout can go a long way and more importantly, it can also help my family. As I slowly thought over it carefully, in a spiritual sense, I think it's just God's way of helping me to ease my financial burden.

If you read my past entries, you may or may not noticed that I had been having financial problems for the last two months. Even though I had been vague about the details as to how I went about solving this problem every now and then, it's only because I was heartbroken that i had to make some sacrifices. However, whatever I resorted to, and putting on a thick skin which meant going out of my usual character (except when it comes to praises), I know that it is only in the interest of my family.

Even if with the bonus that I will be getting next month, I doubt it will be able to compensate my losses which again I wont explain what are these losses. However, with the payout, I may be able to get back whatever I have given up with a lot of heartache. Only this time, they will be as good or better just like the saying that with every loss, you will stand to gain something better.

In a way, I am very very thankful and the best thing is that, after recuperating my 'losses', I will still have balance enough to last my family and for how long depends on how I manage to budget..and err..control my spending habit. Trust me, it should never be fully turned on coz once the 'pipe' has been turned on to its maximum, I will be a very different person..almost unrecognizable. So a lot of self control there. Basically Im also a dormant volcano. By the way this payout is actually the last gross salary for every year which includes bonus, but as to how much exactly I will get I wont know as yet. But like I said maybe about $5 to 6K. Most prob, as to replacing the 'sacrifices', I estimate that it probably be less than $1k unless there are some extras that I buy lah in the few hundred dollar range.

Okay lets not think so much about that now. My focus is to basically do well for the interview, secure a job and then get out of the board a happier and..richer person. Seems that there may be a good chance I will be getting this job because they have been working closely with my current board to suss out potentials by digging their records and mc alone, I may stand a good chance coz I hardly take mc and plus, I have quite a clean record where so far I have not been counselled for disciplinary actions..at least for this year.

Hope for the best!

Comments

Popular Posts