Female Role Models

Yup, the start of positive blogging..haha..No, the laugh is genuine.

Actually, I have this idolisation thing going on. I idolise Beyonce and Tyra Banks..coz they're gorgeous, sexy, smart, hardworking and has a big heart by giving back to the society through charity foundations that they set up.

I cant be like them...BUT..I think they're good embodiment of feminity. Look, Im nowhere near as talented as them (although Im quite a karaoke singer..heh..) but I want to adopt their habits to embrace myself fully as a woman successful in life and career. I cant change my fate but I can change what's of me coz even though Im in my mid twenties, I cant even look after myself well properly. Despite my uh...harsh words about my mum earlier on....she does in some ways help to organize my life a bit.

I try to incorporate some stuffs like what would Beyonce do or what if I was Beyonce. Im sure she looks after her hair which are so gawd damn luscious. Of course I dont have an entourage of make up artists, hair stylists and etc..people responsible for making her look so good. But I try to make it my own way. For example, I have not used the hair mask for the longest time..maybe few months already. THen yesterday in the shower I thought..hey....Im sure Beyonce would take care of herself well so and if I were her, I would not be lazy to use the hair mask and be back in the routine of using that damn thing every Sunday. Well, it proved to be a good bluff technique (or fooling myself technique..whichever you want to call it). I convinced myself to use it in my Beyonce mode and the result? My hair looked better...easier to manage and comb through.

About Tyra, I often watch her show when I am in the gym about evening time. I find her talk show very entertaining and she's a very entertaining host herself and her audience loves her. So, it was a pretty fun workout coz I get to watch tv while doing the grilling on the cross trainer and the treadmill. Im not much of a gym person and I get bored after fifteen minutes. I guess she deserves to be named as Time Magazine 100 Most Influential People. As a former supermodel, she has a lot to live up for because you know models..especially the famous ones..are more often judged for their looks and body much like celebrities. So a bit of unflattering pose or a bit of weight gain will definitely get them in tabloids which rake in money from their imperfections.

But her high self esteem makes her a survivor in the harsh hollywood industry and modelling industry. But just like us, she does have insecurity moments but she doesnt let these moments overtake her easily and she bounces back up quickly.


So stop reading trash about Britney..well, maybe as a once in awhile guilty pleasure. Surf Tyra's website at
Tyra Show and find out more about her daytime show. It provides episode sypnosis and also a glimpse into her life. Actually she has her own personal website which is breath taking. It's like a walkthrough a virtual scrapbook.

I think we should all have a role model that we look up to maybe our mother, a relative..a celebrity. But good ones ah..not Britney.

Comments

Popular Posts