Love and Sleep Matters

Oh.Gawd. Is it just me but youtube has been on the slowest crawl ever. I swear even a tortoise who would have made it to the finishing line ages ago. I mean..yeah the whole world is tuning in to youtube but geez..if it ever been slow, this is by far the slowest! I thought maybe my system is on a meltdown or something but after trying to get rid of some junk, while the rest of the webpages load a bit faster, youtube? well....youslow is more like it!

Why am I so frustrated over this non meaningful phenomena? Well, for one thing, I depend on it for my dose of american dramas!

Okay, I know about my last entries, I wrote in total rambles. It was only the first time..after a long period of time...of me sleeping, and then waking up in the middle of the night to type those entries out. Crazy but true. Believe it or not, I kinda have gone out of habit a bit when it comes to my sleeping patterns. YOu know like the one I described earlier....sleep for a couple of hours, wake up, surf net and then sleep again. I guess I have not gone out of the period of time when I lost my internet connection for almost a week and suddenly, Im as normal as your girl next door. And gasp..I even begun reading. No not the women magazine sort..although I do read them..I meant the novel types. Seriously speaking im the type of person who gets bored easily which may be the reason why God is prolonging me to see some guy having genuine interest in me. I think he knows that I may discard this guy faster than you can say 'next!'. Okay and Im not also the type who is adventurous whether is it over food, or my lifestyle....coz I tend to stick to something familiar.

So when it comes to reading, I have my few select choices. Okay, make that very the few select choices. I completed a novel in less than a month (trust me, based on my heehawing, it will usually last..erm...roughly a year..yes..a YEAR..). And it was a library book. Usually I hardly read novels from libraries knowing that it will never be opened.

SO who is this author that captured my heart? He's a best selling author but only thing is that I assume he does not cater to a general crowd but rather a niche in the crowd. I've been reading his books over the years and know most of his titles whether or not I read them. And in the recent years, he has been combining efforts with other people digging into their expertise primarily in underwater research and even treasures of the seas left behind by our forefathers in a dramatic twist of fate. Think in the line of titanic. NO, not Jack..but people trying to escape from their impoverished state like in the 1880s in search of happiness across the world but never quite made it.

His name, by the way, is Clive Cussler. If you go to any of the bookstores, you can find his books. I assume also that he's something like me...tend to stick to certain formula when it comes to his style of writing. He will start from the past and then leading to the future connecting various people together while connecting the past and the future as well and then ending it off in a battle between the leading hero and his sidekick and the baddie. However, that so called battle is merely a chapter or two while the whole book is filled with nautical scientific facts, history and political facts, made up or not I have no idea, and the beauty and prowess of state of the art ships, vessels and even submarines.

Yet, Im hardly the sun, the sand and the sea sort...go figure.

You know, I've been watching drama after drama and then, sometimes you will feel more for one character than another, or a couple...like that grey's anatomy couple..although I dont know their names (or watch the show for that matter). It's things like this that make you want to come back and watch the next episode and see what happens next.

Right now, I discovered something about love. Like how you're searching and searching for the ONE to come pop by. And as you're nearly pushing forty, time is definitely not on your side and you think that your eligibility is slowly going down the drain. One lost love after another, one failed attempt after another (think blind dates gone wrong) and then even going online to hopefully just pick and choose..and..er..go!

But then, in a very simple turn of events, you meet someone in a place where you would never thought you will be hooked up at. Yet, it can also be the very place you often go but with your search radar put to rest and then suddenly, someone pops by, you get to know each other and then boom! You're falling in lurrveeeee.........and that person recipocrates it back.

*sighzz.............................*

And the best thing is that, this person is so into you that it's like as if you have been in love with him for the longest time. But then again, only time can only tell that if you're just a fad to him...or that you are really the one that he's been looking for his whole life.

Meanwhile, just enjoy those blissful moments...from his romantic gestures, his soft spoken words to you.....his gentle reminders as to how much he loves you or misses you. He will make you forget how long it has taken you to find yourself such a good catch only to have that catch fall into your lap from the sky above.

And then on the other extreme of couplehood, this couple has been going out with each other for five years without one of them professing his love because he's just too egoistic for all those sweet nothings. He would rather lead a more 'open' lifestyle where he is free to see anyone but within relationship clause like he's not supposed to kiss anyone else but his girlfriend or only see the person once and not to keep in touch. Though he does not profess his love, he keeps his promise of strictly following the rules over the years.

But, in a fateful turn of events, he makes a 360 degrees turn and decide to give up his promiscuous lifestyle to prove to the one that he truly loves....that shes the only one for him.

Then again, in relationships you win some...you lose some. You start off tumbling with every turn only to find that bright light at the end of the tunnel or you decide to end a relationship but on a not so sour note because you know it is only for the best.

If you ask me, I kinda like the idea of an open relationship (as if there's a queue behind my 'boyfriend's' back waiting for their daily turn) and yet at the same time, to have someone truly care for me instead of picking up the numbers of chick after chick.

What kind of relationship would you like?

One can only hope that it is the sort that doesnt always call upon a need to pull off a third world war.

But then again, what's the beauty of a relationship if there are no waves but a calm sea that gets bored to look at after awhile?

Gawd Im being so drama mama. Should concentrate on reading more adventure books...sea or otherwise.

Comments

Popular Posts