The Interview

Dont get me wrong...I like listening to the muttons in the airwaves whether on the internet or via my phone radio. But seriously, when they're having this soccer talk..Im dead...dead...bored. Remind me to avoid listening to the muttons every Wednesday. Perhaps THE talk doesnt last long but uhm..I cant stand another 5 minutes lah. Sorry world cup..FIFA cup...you have no fan in me.


Although....................


the guy giving the commentaries on soccer has a very sexy english accent and he also presents on the ESPN channel. At times, he blends in well into the mutton show acting just like the muttons so it is not so dry after all. But im talking about when they're almost done talking about..yawns..football.


So I finally went for the interview with the other company held within our own premise. I tell ya it was nerve wrecking. Why? Because I was the second last. And then the ones who went earlier would be subjected to a second interview..by uhm...us...hehe. I thought that because this was after all an interview, they would be more discreet and not reveal all but I can frankly tell ya, they were very open. I guess it stems from the fact that those who have opted to be interviewed by the new company...we are hoping that we all ace the interview and go together.


Unfortunately, we were told that not all would be selected and thats the saddest part. It spells uncertainty, sadness because of the possibility that we will be separated and...........on a personal note, I still wish that Im holding on to a job even if the job scope is going to be somewhat similar. Im not ready to lose a job right now...not when Im having financial difficulties and facing a heavy responsibilities.



Anyway, it was nerve wrecking becauase it didnt help that I was the second last. I had been memorizing my strengths, weaknesses, values..and thinking of difficult situations that I encountered. Yeah, I HAD to memorise my own strengths. However whenever a colleague went up for the interview and then back down to our office, they seemed fine and they said that it was actually nothing except for the fact that they just wanted to find out a bit more about us and at the same about how our department carries out the work.



But you see, even though our uhm..'memorised script' may not come in handy after all, but I got nervous for another thing. I Felt pressurized...in the sense that I was so called expected to give certain answers for the sake of all of us. I mean..okay I myself dont agree about how certain things work in my department but if i keep on saying negative things about the way we do things here, dont that make quite a bad impact on me? Like for one thing, we are required to travel as part of our job and even though it will be good if the place are quite near our place to save on transport costs, we cant complain either if they decide to send us certain places that are far too. Now I didnt want to appear like Im dissatisfied with my current job scope because it may lower my chances.



In the end, I came to the conclusion that I just based it on my honest opinions. Im okay with travelling but at the same time, I wont deny that being in a cluster that is more centralised than the other two clusters, I basically cover some parts of their clusters too which to me isnt that fair. I guess thats why I was a bit not happy that here they were complaining that they had to travel so far where else for my cluster, I thought we were worse off than them.



So anyway, the interview went smoothly...it got a bit technical half way but I managed to answer them all. Plus, she ended off saying that they would be happy to take me in since iM such a pleasant lady but then again, no promises. Despite that last few words, for me the interview went okay and I was not so nervous after all...coz the swivel chair was too damn comfy till I had to control myself not to keep swinging it....so let's hope for the best.

However, I heard quite a few things..or rumours I should say...about the unstability of this job within this company. I mean..pfft...look at us, we are outsourced to another company. But then again, within this company, due to the nature of our job, apparently it's not such a good prospect. Even if I get to work with this company, I dont know what my future holds and I will be back to square one and may end up almost losing my job again.

Plus, this is a private company. Definitely if they throw me out, they throw me out good not like now where they bother to find alternatives and hand hold us all the way. SO I think I will stick to my gameplan where I will start looking for other jobs because I dont want to always have this uncertainty feeling hanging in mid air.

But still, I have to stick around until the end of the year if I want to keep my bonus and the result of whether I get this job or not will be told next month. So this job searching thing may not take place quite soon. Perhaps I start in january or something. Hrm, or maybe I should start a bit earlier...coz it's not like they'll call you immediately for interview or I'll get a new job so soon. It may take time.

Alright, you know what. I think I will just take things slow but definitely I am looking for a new job even if it's not now but next year and I told my mum already. I guess it's time for me to move on.

Comments

Popular Posts