Outsourced Part One

WELL...i've been wanting to blog about my job for the longest time..okay make it since last Wednesday coz I have promised to to talk about it once everything has been finalised. Actually, this thing has been planned since last August but the details had been sketchy and we could only hope for the best. Plus Im not allowed to leave until Dec 31st. Okay technically, if I want my year end bonus, I must stay until the end or we have to pay them the diffence based on the pro rated amount.

I mean..I work for this govt body for almost 5 years and I also know that in recent times, there is no such thing as job stability if you're working for the govt and knowing my line of work which is project based, to me it is inevitable that they may not want us for long. Unfortunately, I was right.

When they told us the news last August that our dept was being best sourced out, and then they started to talk about compensation and etc, it was all very blurry for me. Shock yes...and there was only one thing that went through my mind and that of my family and how was I gonna continue to support them.

But for the next two months, we had to go about doing our job as per usual since there was no confirmation as they were actively looking out for potential buyers who would take up this project as their own.

I was also unclear about what I was going to do for the future. I try to see it as something positive and to embrace this change and who knows, it would be for the better. And besides, the pay isnt that fantastic if you're working for the govt coz they have a certain salary range to follow. Why do you think I am struggling every month. And then my company isnt a profit making one so you can imagine everything is so controlled when it comes to finance.

Therefore the move to the private industry may not be such a bad thing and every now and then, we are updated as to the progress. And as to every update, they tried to give us comfort words and assured us that they would try their best to help us. While everyone had told their spouses, their parents and whoever about this outsourcing thing, I kept quiet and didnt tell my mother anything because like I said nothing had been finalised.

SO after the long and painful wait and also painful in the sense, some buggers are so annoying because they cant stop talking about this thing and thinking ridiculous things about the outcome, I finally know of the truth last MOnday.

They had found a vendor to overtake the project. I mean, with all the 5 applicants, it will be stupid of them not to choose at least one because they're all big and reputable companies. It only depends on who has the best proposal. And with that, comes my fate that I....will be considered redundant by the company.

HOwever, this is not the end.

I know I have set out this entry to be really depressing because honestly, that is how it was and can you imagine bearing this sense of uncertainty for more than two months? I know that eventually I will have to move out from this company but you know what? There is a silver lining.

Comments

Popular Posts