SO the drama!

I totally realised now why I cant get acquainted with watching long running dramas that has a continuing storyline except dramas like csi miami and ghost whisperer. I..just..cant..stand the..intensity of the drama! Yes I know they are not called dramas for nothing but seriously, cant things just be all fine and dandy instead of having good things come to a screeching halt with..I dunno...an impending murder....a serious injury.....and and and..REVENGE?!!!! Bloody hell.....Just as a couple get acquainted with each other after a long time of denial and obstacles to overcome, and then we think...awww..thats one new happy blissful couple......one of them just had to get injured! And it's not some kind of simple curable injury..it just hAD to be a likely paralysis of the legs........stoopid..stoopid..stoopid!!! Now he has to be in misery...you stoopid writers!!! HE's TOO CUTE FOR THAT! why cant it be a fat ugly bloke instead?!!

haiz..............

i seriously must overcome this and think happy thoughts..or rather...think, 'it's not real lah rahayu...they're just acting!!!' Yeah, pfft....easy for you to say.

But just as we hate that psycho of a killer, soap operas can be rather nice to watch that literally get you hooked like what is going to happen next making your life a bit the colourful as you have something to look forward to when coming home. From UK teen soap opera to a US teen soap opera.......trust me hunny, they're all the same. To me, it's better than eye candy of a show like The O.C. where looks rank sky high while talents rank rock bottom compared to the actors and actresses of soap operas. They're really talented..hardly the hollywood type of airheads and from their credentials alone, they actually breathe the theatre air graduating from prestigious drama schools. YOu're practically biting your nails, have your mouth gap wide open, sigh with huge relief, feeling bitter one moment and then feeling all fuzzy wuzzy the next minute.

So currently, Im idolising this one actor from a soap opera and the thing about soap operas is that, some are so long running that they may have different actors and actresses playing the same role. If it is a new character, then it is no prob lah but if it is a long running role, then it is a huge expectation to meet because the fans are usually the die hard sort who are loyal followers and they will be upset if there is a huge transition. Basically, they need to do a thorough character study and not just jump anyhow into the sea because of the high risk of losing these loyal fans.

I think you know who this actor is lah...he has been making a minor appearance in my blog and I just discovered he made this running skit in few minutes of clips that show a totally different side of him. He was just goofing around as an adopted son of a chinese hot shot of a couple trying to get in touch with the chinese culture..uhm..except for the fact that, he was in a japanese restaurant and having a hard time with the chopsticks, sushis, wasabe..and green tea! Yeah, he was this totally confused dude who not only mixed up the two cultures but also thought that women should idolise Stifler from Amerian Pie rather than Orlando Bloom..what the?!! It was totally like some amateur actor in self made videos which in fact was filmed by his own friend who then posted these videos. It reminded me of the time..me and my friend were goofing around in some coffee cafe and I was acting a role of bimbo like popular girl.

Okay this may sound a bit out of context but I actually do enjoy acting out..in comedy roles, that is. Back in school, I used to act a bit and I was so out of my real life character and it was really fun if you dont try to think so much about it and just act....goofy!


I have tried singing....yes, laugh all you can.....because acting...because as funny as this sounds, I dont really suffer from stage fright and it's quite a stress reliever not being..er..myself! hahah...yea right. But no, I didnt catch the performing bug coz I enjoy being backstage more rather than on the stage itself. I used to stay back after schools for long periods and manning the av controls during rehearsal rounds. It was a bore watching them...but it was just fun being in charge of the controls. Well, there was just a tinge of verbal abuse coz they always thought we tried to f**k up the system coz they cant hear their voice but the problem was, we could put the mike volume way up but it was just them lah..who cant project their stoopid voice! asses..

Those were the days. Now I just enjoy plonking myself infront of the pc and get ready to anticipate nerve wrecking moments watch clips from certain overseas popular soap operas. oh the drama!!

Comments

Popular Posts