God's Angels

Oh gawd....I need my dose of soap opera! Where's the drama? Where's the love? Where's the hatred..the jealousy...?!!!!!!

Man, Im being c-c-crazy and based on the spoilers and the users's comments...tomorrow's episode may just be a good one. It'd better be coz Im becoming c-c-crazy already from the lack of drama lurrvee over the weekend!!!!!!!

Okay okay..let me regain my sanity...or whatever is left of it.

Well, anyway it's a good distraction from my own personal financial turmoil right now which I hope..and I really really hope.....will be solved before end of this week, by I dunno......my transport claims refund or something. Rahayu desperate for money!!

NOw, Im just hanging on to my dear life and not try to think so much and uhm, thats why i need my soap opera. I dont care if they're paralysed, getting a divorce, embroiled in a scandal, just anything..anything to get the storyline going.

Besides trying to distract myself from my own life's drama, I am seriously doing a lot of self control to not gorge on the cookies back home and the slices of prune and fruit cakes which unfortunately are my favourites. I tell you it's not easy especially if the bottles of cookies are sitting pretty on my darn computer table away from my father. Now that one is another cookie monster. Nevermind if he doesnt eat the festive food given by my colleague and my mum's friend and even his sister coz his throat isnt that good. But cookies? Thou shalt not ignore the strong presence of cookies...with or without sore throat.

Oh yah, I was doing some work back in office checking out if the students referred by our field officers attended their clinic appointments. All went smoothly until I was not able to access one of the student's data. It prompted something which did not allow me to see the record and I was like..hrm..whats so top secret about it like some scene from the csi miami episode where the investigators could not view the profile of certain people they id.

And then my supervisor could not view it too and then he turned the case over to my boss and with her usual grunt and her usual 'what?!'..yeah, i know..some boss...and then she thought that maybe the child is an opt out case where the parents had written in to request to not screen the child. However, based on the record on paper, the child had been screened and refered as well. But upon further investigation, I received some devastating news.

I was asked to ignore the child's id because highly likely that the child.....had passed away.

Oh my God..

That was the only conclusive reason as to why his records had been frozen.

But it's just so...sad...coz he was still alive back then in the earlier part of the year..and now..he's gone...at such a young age. He was only in kindergarten one. I guess the parents must be so devastated as well because it must be so hard to lose a child that you have spent a few years bringing him up and now....only memories are left.

My colleague had also received a reply slip from the parents who had the slip returned with a note that they were not able to fill it up as their child had passed away. They had also included a note as to what illness the child had before his or her demise. She said she felt touched by her parents' effort to let her know about it but at the same time, felt so sad as well as the child was so young and only studying in primary school. It's a reminder to her as to how short our life is and how unpredictable life is too.

For these children, you are God's angels in His heaven and your parents will always love you even when you're gone.

Rest in peace...

Comments

Popular Posts