Ushering in the New Year

What a night. After stuffing ourselves silly and me being quite unwell from it though I managed to hold the food down in my stomach, heh...we even managed to get ourselves up on the Singapore Flyer. They started to guess when they were in the train and I just let them do so though Nats got the answer on her first guess already. The answer lies in the envelopes I gave them earlier. I thought I couldn't plan it well coz I hardly organize gatherings but we had to take turns and I was like oh no, why did I have to plan for new year's eve?!! It helped too that they both didn't go up the Singapore Flyer before so it was a nice surprise for them :)


The fireworks as usual were magical and the teenagers behind me were hilarious with their random comments. They were like shouting 'Mas Selamat!'..'Your mother!'...'encore!'...'I should have paid the $38!!' in reference to the concert held at the floating bay where the fireworks were shooting from and where the best view was also.


We took photos and both of my friends brought cameras so that's like double the exposure and double the killing of brain cells! haha..I kid. It was a truly memorable night coz I never actually gone out before to celebrate New Year's Eve. 


I thought going back home was going to be hell what with the crowd and road closures. Except for the initial hiccup of waiting for the bus that didn't seem to come, it was a good thing too that we waited there for awhile coz when we got up the train the crowd had died down a bit. I managed to get a seat in the second station and caught some 40 winks as it was like 1 plus in the morning..yawn. Though I had to walk home instead of taking a bus coz the usual bus services had stopped, with many people still around in the neighbourhood, it didn't feel so bad. Well, at least I didn't have to hail a cab and pay the midnight charges.


So am I going to do this again? Oh well...have to wait until the end of the year :)









follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts