Skip to main content

Ushering in the New Year

What a night. After stuffing ourselves silly and me being quite unwell from it though I managed to hold the food down in my stomach, heh...we even managed to get ourselves up on the Singapore Flyer. They started to guess when they were in the train and I just let them do so though Nats got the answer on her first guess already. The answer lies in the envelopes I gave them earlier. I thought I couldn't plan it well coz I hardly organize gatherings but we had to take turns and I was like oh no, why did I have to plan for new year's eve?!! It helped too that they both didn't go up the Singapore Flyer before so it was a nice surprise for them :)


The fireworks as usual were magical and the teenagers behind me were hilarious with their random comments. They were like shouting 'Mas Selamat!'..'Your mother!'...'encore!'...'I should have paid the $38!!' in reference to the concert held at the floating bay where the fireworks were shooting from and where the best view was also.


We took photos and both of my friends brought cameras so that's like double the exposure and double the killing of brain cells! haha..I kid. It was a truly memorable night coz I never actually gone out before to celebrate New Year's Eve. 


I thought going back home was going to be hell what with the crowd and road closures. Except for the initial hiccup of waiting for the bus that didn't seem to come, it was a good thing too that we waited there for awhile coz when we got up the train the crowd had died down a bit. I managed to get a seat in the second station and caught some 40 winks as it was like 1 plus in the morning..yawn. Though I had to walk home instead of taking a bus coz the usual bus services had stopped, with many people still around in the neighbourhood, it didn't feel so bad. Well, at least I didn't have to hail a cab and pay the midnight charges.


So am I going to do this again? Oh well...have to wait until the end of the year :)









follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...