Don't Just Think. Just Do It.

I take heart that even people like Oprah hates exercise. But she sees exercise as a form of loving her body. Then after playing truant last week, I finally told myself that hey, skipping gym is NOT an excuse, even if it's raining cats and dogs outside. After all, from the bus stop to the gym, it's just a short distance away and until then, I will be inside the gym protected from the rain. Still, it didn't stop me from entertaining such thoughts again and in my heart, I so wanted to start next week.


But my mum was like so funny just now. When I was sitting down infront saying oh, how cold it would be later if I were to go as the rain would only make me cold inside the air conditioned room, she said and even mimicked the actions of jogging, that when I jog on the treadmill, I will be hot. Then I said but my umbrella is spoilt, meaning to say that I will get wet on the way to the gym, and she was like, can use your brother's new umbrella.


Oh well. I totally have to go, huh? Anyway, what finally persuaded me to go was when I looked into the mirror, and then just decided I just had to go. But I thought that last week's skipped session was somehow a blessing in disguise. Why? Well, I guess I just needed a form of recharge. The last two weeks, I wasn't in top form and I couldn't even finish my usual twenty minute session on the strider. It may be one of the most difficult machines but it is also one of the most effective ones. I practically sweat buckets just ten minutes into it.


Then today, despite the late start, I actually did a whole lot better than my last few sessions which were totally done without my heart in it. I went up another level on the stationary bicycle, finished the whole of twenty minutes on the strider and also went up a few notches on the incline level on the treadmill. You could say I am majorly proud of myself :)


So that's it, I just don't want to think too much about it like doing this argument whether or not I should go coz it's a definite go, unless I am sick and doing any further exercise is only going to aggravate the sickness. It's not about losing weight, it's about my general well being and of course, clothes fitting me better. Currently, I feel rather pudgy in my clothes and okay, it is not a feeling, I just am.


I do note some improvements though but it's still quite early. So far, I would say I'm proud of the fact that I am pretty disciplined when it comes to eating properly during the day when I am at work. This comes about after I read an article that unknowingly, we can put on weight easily when we work coz of the amount of stress and how every now and then, we have the urge to grab snacks. The trick to this is basically don't stock up on them. For me, I bought a rather big pack of oatmeal biscuits which I eat when I'm hungry especially few hours after lunch. I will also eat a piece of dark chocolate.


Actually, I just noticed very recently that my complexion has improved and that I hardly have breakouts or a pimple. Even if I do, it's jz a small one which will disappear on its own later. I don't know if it's because of my weekday diet of oatmeal lunch and how I try my best to avoid sugared drinks including milo. I also don't eat bread for lunch anymore. I know, avoiding milo is one of the biggest achievement in my life since I am so addicted to it, haha.  I drink it maybe like once a week now only.


I guess my mum's hard work in including veggies in our food works too. I find it hard to believe how much gunk people put on their face. I heard an average of 9 products?! Gosh..


Anyway, just remember that you are what you eat. Nothing beats fruits and veggies and also drinking plain water to boost your skin hydration and to maintain a youthful complexion. Of course certain foods can help to boost the youthful factor even more. Basically if you claim to take good care of your skin but still engage in unhealthy lifestyle, like smoking, it will be a total waste of money when you buy these skincare products.


Some pointers I picked up:


If exercising is a chore, don't even entertain thoughts of putting off exercise. Just go and freaking do it. You will thank yourself later.


Don't think about what foods you can't eat. Instead, think about what foods you can eat that are good for you and plan your meals from there.


If you can't afford to spend a lot of money on skincare products, you can always rely on good ol' fashion way of maintaining a youthful look. Yoghurt, mixed in with a bit of lemon juice, can be used as a mask. Scrubbing your face at least twice a week with a good facial scrub does wonders too as it removes the dead skin on the surface to reveal a healthier complexion.


follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts