Loving Someone Unconditionally

I think I found a gem of a clip towards end of last month on youtube and I thought that despite the cheesiness of the movie, at least there are some things that are so sweet and precious that I forgive the cheesiness of it..haha.


I just got this thought out of nowhere that someone will fall in love with me this year. Yah last year I said about I got a feeling I will enter a relationship and then opportunities arised, I chickened out. But I guess if you were me, you will do the same thing too coz we're not desperate like that. When you truly like someone, and have a good feeling about it, even if for that first few seconds of interaction, love can happen naturally. A single girl doesn't always have to go for someone who shows interest in her, right? Plus I prefer to not lead the guy on or something if I know, it won't come to any good out of it.


Actually, I just want to share out like hey, if you like someone who is way older than you and you know for sure, people will frown upon your relationship should you choose to pursue it, will you care about what these people think? Or how about a girl my age dating someone, say maybe about 7 years younger than me, will you think I'm a cradle snatcher?


Well I know for sure no one is accusing Nicole Sherzinger of that for dating Lewis Hamilton who is 7 years younger. That's coz she's hot and I suspect even teenage boys have wet dreams about her. What about people like me who think she's young looking and hot, but only in her delusional state of mind, dating a guy who is younger? I can confirm people will talk.


But within that 11 minutes of video clip, at the end of it, the ending was sweet because he said why give a sh*t about what other people think and just care about what YOU think. He finally get to kiss her after a few false moments where he almost gave up but everything turns out to be fine and dandy when she gave him a chance to prove how much he really cares about her. And she's probably thinking what's the big deal about her not pursuing this relationship in the first place?! That or he's a great kisser.

Honestly, we impose ourselves these unspoken rules about not dating someone who is younger than us, or someone who doesn't earn as much as us and etc. There is no 'guide to life' as to who you should or should not date. Bottomline is, we care what others think also but then love doesn't purposely choose someone of the right fit for you. How can you even guarantee that a perfect relationship where the guy is older, good looking and earns well can last? Nothing is guaranteed. You just have to make it work. 


It's easier said than done of course especially if you are going to always meet such people who may frown upon your relationship which may not seem to be a typical one. If you know that you will be emotionally drained just letting words of these people get to you, then actually you are better off not being in this relationship. It's also to be fair to him or her because you're not able to love unconditionally as you are constantly scared about what others may think. Am I right?


Meanwhile, let me re-watch that scene again and go to bed with a smile on my face.





follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts