Skip to main content

Loving Someone Unconditionally

I think I found a gem of a clip towards end of last month on youtube and I thought that despite the cheesiness of the movie, at least there are some things that are so sweet and precious that I forgive the cheesiness of it..haha.


I just got this thought out of nowhere that someone will fall in love with me this year. Yah last year I said about I got a feeling I will enter a relationship and then opportunities arised, I chickened out. But I guess if you were me, you will do the same thing too coz we're not desperate like that. When you truly like someone, and have a good feeling about it, even if for that first few seconds of interaction, love can happen naturally. A single girl doesn't always have to go for someone who shows interest in her, right? Plus I prefer to not lead the guy on or something if I know, it won't come to any good out of it.


Actually, I just want to share out like hey, if you like someone who is way older than you and you know for sure, people will frown upon your relationship should you choose to pursue it, will you care about what these people think? Or how about a girl my age dating someone, say maybe about 7 years younger than me, will you think I'm a cradle snatcher?


Well I know for sure no one is accusing Nicole Sherzinger of that for dating Lewis Hamilton who is 7 years younger. That's coz she's hot and I suspect even teenage boys have wet dreams about her. What about people like me who think she's young looking and hot, but only in her delusional state of mind, dating a guy who is younger? I can confirm people will talk.


But within that 11 minutes of video clip, at the end of it, the ending was sweet because he said why give a sh*t about what other people think and just care about what YOU think. He finally get to kiss her after a few false moments where he almost gave up but everything turns out to be fine and dandy when she gave him a chance to prove how much he really cares about her. And she's probably thinking what's the big deal about her not pursuing this relationship in the first place?! That or he's a great kisser.

Honestly, we impose ourselves these unspoken rules about not dating someone who is younger than us, or someone who doesn't earn as much as us and etc. There is no 'guide to life' as to who you should or should not date. Bottomline is, we care what others think also but then love doesn't purposely choose someone of the right fit for you. How can you even guarantee that a perfect relationship where the guy is older, good looking and earns well can last? Nothing is guaranteed. You just have to make it work. 


It's easier said than done of course especially if you are going to always meet such people who may frown upon your relationship which may not seem to be a typical one. If you know that you will be emotionally drained just letting words of these people get to you, then actually you are better off not being in this relationship. It's also to be fair to him or her because you're not able to love unconditionally as you are constantly scared about what others may think. Am I right?


Meanwhile, let me re-watch that scene again and go to bed with a smile on my face.





follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...