Pushing Daisies on TV

Rahayu is bored..she's itching all over....and she's like thinking..'Is it some kind of public holiday in America?!' Yes Im not getting my dose of American pop culture coz the blogs that I visit almost daily is on hiatus or something. Gawd! I didnt write in my diary to watch out for an episode of Greek for nothing! I did enjoy watching the first season but after reading the episode guides of the Season 2...it seemed very meh..after awhile, I can only tolerate certain amount of teenage infidelity, love triangle and what have they...all these teenagers with so so looks and a very huge sex drive.

The only reason why I wanted to watch the recent episodes again was the introduction of a new recurring character who played Alexis's personal secretary on Ugly Betty. He looked good looking on Ugly Betty but in Greek, he was like..well..still good looking....just a tad older looking. See what difference hair gel can make you.

Oh, and I previously failed to mention about this drama series..or maybe I did but I could not remember...that was receiving popular response from the tv viewers. With such storyline, I was thinking that hey.....maybe Singapore would show this on tv one day since it is very popular in US.

I had not caught an episode of it online yet to give a review of what I think of it..coz I was more mesmerized by Reaper..which by the way, I need to continue watching especially with the recently concluded first season. Let's just say...judging by my recent absence on the blog, I have been very the lazy.

And BEFORE I get distracted by my boring life once again, I shall bring your attention to the show called...

pushing daisies

















In short, it's about this guy, when he was young, discovered that he had the ability to bring a dead person back to life with his touch. It happened when he 'woke' his dead mother who then continued to do what mothers do until one night, when she tucked him in and kissed him goodnight, she fell dead again. He could not wake her up again and she was dead for good this time.

So basically, it's just a one off thing which he used to full advantage when he grew up. With this secret talent that he had, he brought the dead back again to find out about how they died to bring about criminal justice. It went well until one day, he fell in love with a girl whom he had brought back to life and who had no clue how she could have died. So the thing is, since he was not able to touch her again because it would mean that she would fall back dead again, they thought of various ways of 'touching' each other without actually touching.

It kinda drew a boundary among them which resulted in hilarious scenes.

Anyhoo, find out more about the show via their wiki site Pushing Daisies so you can basically find out more about what makes this show tick (and also see how inaccurate my description of the show is above).

On my part, Im very the excited to be able to catch this show on a tv channel rather than the internet because it means better quality ah obviously. Im just hoping they will show Reaper one day too. And judging on how forgetful I can be nowadays, I think I might have just missed the first episode last week...darn it!

So uhm..off to the internet to find that episode, I guess?!

UPDATE!

Okay so I have not missed yet..the show's in June! Phewh..

If you live in Singapore, here's the programme guide for the show:

Pushing Daisies on Channel 5

Comments

Popular Posts