Glam Chasers

Heya,

okay after yesterday's ranting of not doing much work, well at least I feel productive today in the morning as well as into the afternoon. Okay it's not actually a big kick ass job but rather the task of emailing and calling of parents and guardians regarding the entrance exams for next week. And yes I always have the irritating task of handling calls from irritating parents. I mean I dont mind attending to their general enquiries but I get annoyed when they get so..well...demanding like as we, at the general office, have nothing to do but surf net. Well, technically that's just me currently but seriosly speaking, Ithink I have told this many times but the kids here are so pampered and not forgetting absent minded coz they always lose their things.

But what to do. I mean I cant be so freaking choosy coz one good thing Im posted to this school is that the working environment is not so bad. It's spacious and comfortable because we're not exactly a typical neighbourhood school. It is a government aided school because we are under the school management committee but we still receive government subsidy although it's unlike most neighbourhood schools which receive 100% of goverment fund.

Did I mention I live nearby too? Despite waking up to dreadful mornings because of work, and being bored at times too because I feel so 'stuck' at one place instead of moving around exploring new places ala field duty, I must thank God that Im grateful for still being able to support my family without paying so much for my own transport and food.

I know I have mentioned this above many times in my previous post but I still need some convincing on my part because I do feel, at times, like I dont belong to this workplace. No doubt I would say that the people here are nice and friendly..and oh, helpful...in ways that they can, I just think there is still a lack of 'something'. Or it could just be me, I suppose.

I dunno...my head is just in the dark clouds nowadays because of my very tight budget and the days to my next payday has been very painful and slow. Heck, I am just trying to live each single day...slowly but surely...and always look forward to the end of the day because it means I have triumphed. Well, at least until the next day.

So please bear with me if you think that I sound like some grandmother (or my mother) for repeating something over and over. Okay, tell you what. I too dont really like to talk about my work but heck, I just need to slap myself virtually sometimes for being ungrateful to be where I am right now.

Okay maybe a tight slap in real life helps too sometimes.

Well I have not been checking out youtube videos recently to source for inspiration for my single blog over at friendster and here too. Hrm, I think I may just have one idea. And I will also update on Geek Speak. Very interesting topic on RSS feed.

Anyway, I am going to enjoy my weekend (HURRAY!!!!) and see what shows I can catch up via internet.

So a little on what I have been doing the past few days. I have been doing something that I very very very seldom do and that is reading blogs by our local bloggers. Okay apart from Mariah's one, I hardly read other local blogs except the international ones. (Read: American). I have been looking around not so much to read but rather to find useful things to put on my bloggie to so called make it a weetle bit interesting (seriously, I should take credit for that word weetle=wee+little).

If you have been catching up on my blog lately, you would have noticed little subtle changes that I have made mainly in the sidebar.

Like..pfft, of course..that Hunk of the Day segment.There are other things too lah of course besides that! No rahayu is not scolding you but at herself because she can only think about that new addition. 'Huh?! Got change meh? Where got? Only can see that quasi naked man there!'

See what I mean.


Oh yah about the local blogs. Well, apparently the blogosphere here pretty much is mostly about glamour and getting press invites to the hot and happening events in Singapore as it means that they are able to mingle among stars and get expensive door gifts. And oh, sponsorship which pretty much equals to $$$.


It's quite sad ah because blogging is so much more than that. I mean it's really up to every individual as to how they are going to blog but I just find it utterly annoying that the young bloggers here have really no substance in their blog contents except to 'chronicle' what dishes they eat at some top notch restaurants and who they rub shoulders with.

Yawn.

And I still cringe at how some tween looking young blogger dolled herself up so beyond her years and her eyeliner?! My gawd...I wonder how many tubes of eyeliners she uses in a month! Seriously, such blogs are so bleh to me. They're practically camwhoring in their entire freaking blogs. Who cares who has the cutest pose or smile in the pictures!!!!

I dont want to be so crude about these bloggers but I am just a tad bit sad at the way these young bloggers are portraying the young generations of Singaporeans here. It may give others the impression that we lead such sheltered life without knowing there is such a thing called hardship in other countries as well as here in Singapore where some other Singaporeans are practically struggling to live each day.

It's really sad.

Comments

Popular Posts