Am I Too Free

Yes I have been facing extreme boredom at work and it sucks coz it makes me so unproductive. I mean..Im not without work but my work is so random these past two three days that Im feeling so bleh.

But anyhoo, in order to be productive or at least look like as if Im doing work related stuffs, I did some reading on my own over at the MOE website. It's not that I want to or were asked to but I answer calls pertaining to general enquiries as well as reply emails from the public. I have the daunting task of handling the school emails and this time, I sign off anonymously...ok..more like just leave behind the school's name and contact details without leaving my name behind so that they wont call and ask for me. I learnt it from the secondary school side when they forward the emails sent to them but relates to the primary side.

Smart.

Gosh this school administration part is so big that the last thing I want is to be not sure about what Im doing. So today I read quite a lot about questions pertaining to P1 registration. I mean I know about the general details like the different phases that are open to the public (though I often get confused about them) but it's good to know more since people like to do the easy way out which is to give a call or send an email without doing their research online first through the MOE website. And I finally know what the heck is Leave of Absence, which mind you, spans over 5 pages but I managed to cramp the info in my head to answer to pesky parents.

I get these moments of boredom when they are busy doing finance like keying in details in the system, confirming invoices, tabulating amounts, calling the vendors..blah blah..while I entertain phone calls. In other words, I cant touch finance yet because Im still new and also because my manager is quite the control freak. But I understand her concerns as you dont expect a newbie like me to handle money as yet. Still, I think Im pretty priviledged after hearing the things other newbies which I got to know during the course I participated earlier this month as well as my ex colleague( or is it...back to colleague again since she is working for the same ministry as me now). I dont know..they appeared to be some convenient scapegoat for the more senior colleagues to dump work on them pronto. My colleague from another school recently started working this same lline as me but are expected to know so much but yet over at my place, she tries to space out my learning curve.

STILL!! Rahayu needs to be challenged!!!

And I dont want to be accused of 'curi tulang' or 'work for free' because it's not as if Im asking for it. It's just that..well...I usually do the work given and then...have nothing to do next..so uhm..slack ah..hee. But I missed the good balance of working and then rewarding by giving myself some slack time like a 5 minute break or what doing unrelated work stuff.

Haiz...anyway, tomorrow I have some work to do and hopefully, I will feel more productive than I have been the past few days. I mean the holidays have just started so I dont expect myself to be so busy. Yet.

And many of the teachers are going overseas for some vacation while Im stuck behind in Singapore. At times, Im thinking why cant I be a teacher since they have so many concessions given by the government to make them stay in their curent line but knowing how parents are nowadays, I guess God has a reason why he thinks Im not cut out as a teacher.

Like I said, I want my slack time!! I mean..slack..as in...a lot of work in between..and then giving myself the much needed slack time rather than aving it for long stretches at a time...sighz.

See lah..got a lot of work complain...no work also complain. Yes sue me for being a typical complaining Singaporean.

Comments

Popular Posts