Of all the Dramas

Before I begin with an update of my own personal life..here's some............

you guessed it!


Entertainment News Update: Yes Dewie..(spelling changed in accordance to his real name Ronnie)..is not in the bottom 3, again! Yay! Been doing great this bff of mine. Well, he got his priorities right by asking the experienced panel of judges which included two former supermodels on how to improve his performance and he got it good!

But not all is well as his bff on the show, Ben, has hurt him a bit with his name calling. He actually called Dewie a girl! Well done Ben. Dewie got upset because growing up, he also had to endure such hurtful name calling but now, knowing that it came from none other than his bff on the show, somehow that pain was doubled. Maybe coz Ben was also hurt that Dewie thought that his performance last week was the weakest from the rest when asked by the judges. Tit for Tat, no?

No matter what Dewie, you did great by being in the top 3. See, I told you that Ben is nothing but a leech. And Im not saying that coz I want you all for myself even though kissing girls make you...uhm..puke..which Im so determined to change by the way! Well, maybe. But more importantly, I want you to win! Go Dewie!























Dewie goes round the mulberry bush..


On a side note, I've been watching a fairly bit of soap drama including a latest one which is from Germany. Since I dont understand German, not surprisingly, I had to watch it on mute and read the subtitles. I know it wont make a difference if I switch it on and hear them talk and read the subtitles at the same time, I'll get confused and develop a headache later on. This isnt the first time I actually watch on mute especially if it is in a foreign language.

I think why this minor attraction to watching soap dramas is because of their change in demographic where the focus group is no longer just on housewives who have nothing better to do after cooking and cleaning in the afternoon. Now with the inclusion of teenagers and young adults, with their own sub storylines, it cater more to the younger generation. And also, in this age of the internet, they dont actually have to watch it in real time. So they can go to school or work and come back and watch it online via the internet through valuable resources like youtube and other similar video sharing websites which are catching on.

But yes, a drama is a drama. And a spoiler has been revealed for one of the soap dramas that I have been watching faithfully..until recently. Well, if they can be 'drama', so can I! This guy, is going to marry this Iraqi girl, whom he just got to know only a few days, just so that she can stay in the US even he doesnt love her and loves someone else. Of course, that someone is not happy and is shocked with his decision. Like duh! And all this time, he could not utter the word 'love' because he felt that it was not in him to say it out loud but rather, through other forms like 'i care for you'...'you're the best thing that has happened to me'...blah blah blah...and then now, he said LOVE! Nice timing.

In yet another drama, from UK, a surprise had been revealed. Actually, that shocking revelation was made towards late in January but the drama had been quite a snoozefest ever since the departure of one of the lead characters who was bringing in the ratings. It took a loOOOOooong time before a potential character was introduced but his character was quite dull.

Here he is ironing his clothes..



















yawnzzz......

And here he is as a stand in runway model for a charity catwalk


















holler! who knew that body lies underneath that grandfather sweater..


A little update about him. He is a catholic priest with a secret body..I mean..background.


YES I KNOW, Im supposed to be updating about my own personal life. But hey, Im a tv geek and that is part of my personal life too, right? Oh, by the way, as of tomorrow, I will be working in my new job. Im nervous and excited all at once. I also have to learn to be independent and try to speak up a bit and not be so timid. I do appreciate the advice people have been giving me although at times, I feel that I do need my own space because I have the capability to think as Im already old enough to do that. A colleague told me recently that she's just advising me because she wants me to be a better person. Seriously, I do appreciate that but it does get tired at times hearing her remind me again and again about certain flaws of mine like my life only revolves around that.

I know she meant no harm but I just hate to feel the guilt if I dont do according to what she says and it felt like she is preaching me on what to do rather than merely being an adviser. Last I checked, Im not part of her entourage of children.


Hrm, besides that...I had quite a great lunch buffet back at the chalet organized by Preci for her daughter's first birthday. And a nice mango smoothie treat from Sherry's brother when me and Mariah went to meet up with them to see yet another baby girl. Uhm, no..so far, my motherhood feelings have not been woken up. Babies are cute but once they start wailing, well..sayonara babes!

Speaking about food, I have to be more cautious about what I eat. Clear indication? Bloated stomach. Forget weighing scales. Well, since this is a brand new month, have to watch my diet carefully or I would fail to lose 1o kg like I did last year when I lost focus. I think this time round, I think I may just be able to pull through even if now I have to pay for the usage of the gym rather than the last time when I was in my previous company. I tried the abs machine for the first time last Thursday and boy did it work every muscle group in my abs! My abs fats had never worked this hard before because it was pain inducing! I realised that I er..forgot to adjust the setting and when my new gym buddy (yes I got a new one) said I try again after she adjusted it for me, Im like...no....freaking...way.....my abs worked hard enough already, thank you very much..judging from the pain. Ow.

I watched this new Health programme on tv in a malay channel and it was encouraging to find out that one of the guests actually lost a total weight of 27 kg in 10 months!! Wow..that is sheer dedication and hard work. If I can even get half of that in a slightly longer time than that, I will be so 'wow'. It's not just a matter of looking good because frankly speaking, you can be big sized and still look good. It's more about trying to be healthier and you dont want to invite illnesses by eating unhealthy food, right?

Speaking of which, I have to increase my water intake and drink less sugary drink. With food, Im quite disciplined except when I am with my friends because being on a diet with them around is no fun. But I need to do more than what I have been doing right now even though my weight is pretty much maintained and not yo-yoing like before.

Okay then..now I have to find the location of this ministry where Im supposed to go in the morning for the induction. Actually I dont exactly know what induction means but something like an introduction to the company? Well, another focus of mine, in terms of work, is to be more friendly because at this stage, it is important to be like that as I will be learning a lot of new things and I dont want to come across as someone who is not sociable. Okay, it's a far cry from myself in real life because Im quite a shy person. But I dont want people to have the misconception that shy people are afraid to learn because they cant open their mouth.

The truth about shy people is that..we are willing to learn but we tend to be a bit quiet at first because we learn mostly through observations first and if there is a need to question to clarify, we will. We dont like to just jump the bone and ask stupid or irrelevant questions. We're actually pretty good listeners. For myself, I hate to be forced to 'come out of the shell' and expect to talk like some blabbering idiot just to prove that Im not unfriendly. We dont open our mouth immediately and it takes time for us to warm up to people but we will, eventually so I hope people appreciate that fact.

Alright now, have a good week people!

Comments

Popular Posts