Imperfections in Relationships

Before I start convulsing while watching a certain clip from youtube currently, (one of those camp movies..read: crap), actually it did have a nice end to it. Thank God. If not the convulsing would be for nothing.

Besides that, early this week I just did a search on a movie which I tried to find on youtube to watch it in full previously, but failed, and it turned out..just my luck..someone posted the entire thing mere days ago. Of course I was very happy...and kinda busted my sleeping hours to watch it.

It's about friendship and how they actually bonded based on the circumstance that they were in though each one differed vastly from one another. And this bond further strengthed by playing softball even though they sucked (but their coach begged to differ..) and eventually the only time they won was when they had to play against a bunch of ailing senior citizens in contrast to their previous game played against the firefighters.

Okay I admit I was a bit distracted by the lead actor but his character was not the one where the whole group wished they were. Suave, handsome....smooth especially the breaking up part, which he actually used lines from a script (he was an aspiring actor) although later on his ploy was discovered when the one he was breaking up with saw the words on his hand.

The dialogue was witty and funny at its best and each character was alive on its own which made the movie entirely watchable. But tragedy happened and the group started falling apart. They realised that other than having one another for company like such as during beer drinking sessions and throwing parties, there wasn't much in their life to prove to them that they had achieved something.

So they made a 180 degrees turn of their lives out of such unforeseen circumstances and started doing something or make them see what they had been missing out on life while they were blinded by things that had caused them to hurt other people's feelings or hurting their ownselves. For example, the aspiring actor became the one who get dumped instead by a movie star who was already married but obviously into him for a mere fling.

But I think the most significant one came from the least unexpected one from the group. He came across as the timid sort who thinks too much out of situations which is not surprising considering he studies psychology. After his friend lost consciousness from a drug overdose, he started to rethink about his on off relationship and how he had been hurting the one he loved all this while by being such a prick.

Oh my gawd..he gave the best speech. He was like saying something like this..

'you told me once you were waiting for me to wake up but you didnt wait long enough. I've never been more awake than you ever knew me before. I admit I f**ked up. No matter who you were, there is always something wrong with you and someone better out there (for me). I wanna take that all back and start appreciating you for who you are. I am telling you....right now...I love you...I still love you. And it has nothing to do with me and it has nothing to do with how good looking he is. It's to do with you. Because you are sweet and endearing and...uncomplicated. And Im so pitiful. I hope you are happy together and everything works out and he is everything that you need. Because you deserved it.

But if it's not and it ends, I'll be there. It's my turn to wait and Im going to wait long enough.'

*sniff*..............

Good news is, that speech actually worked. In the final montage, though showed in mere seconds, they were back together. Though he was still in his uber 'I told you so!' psychology mode, it has become from a major issue to a non issue.

I think it speaks volumes of the fact that one cant expect for the other one to be so perfect because the truth is, no one is. It's just a matter of how much you are willing to get by the imperfections and get to the core of the person...the one that made you fall in love with in the first place. And no Im not talking about me in my shallow self whenever I see a hunk walking down the street.

But it also helps that if we have a certain habit that is loathed by our significant other, like in this case..smoking pot, it's best that we kick it. They're not trying to be naggy or what but it's because they love us that they want us to stop doing harmful things to our body. They want to see us in the pink of health and not sick in bed because it breaks their heart seeing us in such a state.

Of course their relationship was far more complicated than this. You know, maybe if you have the time, scour through video rentals or go online to find those gem of a movie that need not necessarily have big stars to them. I think what is more important is the essence of the movie and how it has made an impact on you as the audience.

Unfortunately, Im bad at remembering titles so I cant recommend them to you and such videos may soon get deleted or the account shut down due to infringement of copyrights. But at least, it kills time just watching something that can give us some pointers in life or in love.

Comments

Popular Posts