Just Another Week Gone

Stoopid...this is why I have this on and off love affair with soap dramas. Very the DRAMA!! Just when you thought it is all back to fuzzy wuzzy when it comes to two people being in love..out of love...in again (I sound like Im weaving through a traffic jam)..and then wham! Some twist in the plot kills the relationship or stall it and then you will be left wondering why you bother staying true to the storyline in the first place. Already I stopped watching this german soap drama because apparently, someone decided to shift his focus on someone else that he knew before his current love interest. Oh well. Like someone commented, it was good when it lasted. All few episodes of it. And in another drama, it seemed that a spoiler (future plot in the story line) that leaked via the internet, apparently is coming true. Darn it!

Relax..chill...well, at least there's a weeeee bit of progress in this other UK soap drama. Hrm, it seems that I catch up with other soapies but not Korean soap dramas that are all the rage, eh? I go for the more risque ones...heh heh..

Oh by the way, update about my life...something happened about two days ago that left quite a big gap in my soul. Okay, metaphorically speaking..but really, it did leave quite a gap in my savings. Now that one...is true reality speaking. Im sad about it because if you dont already catch up with my life, money is a huge priority in my life since Im the sole breadwinner of the family. The only consolation I can derive out of this misery is the performance bonus from my former organization towards the end of the month. I seriously dont know how much but hopefully it's more than enough to cover my losses recently.

Anyway other than that, I had quite a few on the job training with my new job. Since Im not able to handle the bigger tasks, I usually handled the miscellaneous things and some of them are answering phone calls from parents, photocopying whole books, registering visitors, attending to students' affairs which included going up and down the parade square looking for a lost file (the things I do..). And oh, making public announcements which seemed fun but was quite nerve wrecking..and err, confusing also..hee. They tried to give me jobs to do or I try to seek out new things to learn or 'entertain' myself with the online guides on the future systems that I have to use once I get my passwords. They are dead boring but it's a first step to familiarising myself with the system before I get to do hands on.

My very small group of colleagues from the admin side..they're very helpful. They are really long-timers and I thought that my stint with my former company for five years is already quite long. Im still trying to get used to knowing who the teachers in the school are and have to look up two charts to see who they are and where they are located in the teachers' staff room which bring about few..err..'hold on, please'. Eh, no joke you know. There are a total of 94 teachers ah!

Well, other than that, I get to interact with my colleagues a bit more as the day goes by. Next week is the school holidays (yay! no pesky students around!..or is it? hrm..) but I will be left in the office with just one other staff around I think because the teachers are going for a retreat including the usual admin stuff. But one of them would be leaving some tasks to me so that I wont fall asleep during those three days that they wont be around. She said it would be a sure case that I would sleep coz that was what happened to her..hee.

She was also kind enough to tell me that the admin manager (my direct boss) is known for her erratic mood swing and if they make a mistake, she wont hesitate to scold no matter who is around. It's just her way of letting of steam but at the same time, she wants us to learn so that we wont make the mistake again. She said not to take it personally..just one ear in..one ear out. That wont be a problem coz my previous boss is something like her also. Just say..sorry..sorry...and all will be fine. But the thought of it is scary.

Other than that, am so looking forward to the weekend! I dunno why...apart from the DnD held by my previous company. Oh by the way, I had to give up the chance to eat the food from Lagun Sari where the good progress dinner is held as organized by the school tommorow after working hours. Why? Coz of my brother's parent-teacher meeting tomorrow regarding his recent common tests of which they would give some written report or something. It's not compulsory but they would not release the report unless the parent attends. Sucks. And it's held about the same time as the dinner. Anyway my other colleagues are also not attending which makes me think that oh well..it's okay not to go anyway since it would be so awkward for me.

Alright then, tomorrow I shall know the fate of my dear Dewie and see if he gets to the bottom three yet again or not.

OH! Talk about Entertainment News Update..the winner of Project Runway Season 4 had already been chosen! And he's the youngest winner ever at the age of 21. Talk about that, I missed watching an episode of the show again today..argh! I fell asleep on the couch just now and if I had not spent that time sleeping (and err..prior to that..playing facebook), I would not have missed it coz when I woke up, I had to buy some groceries.

PS: Working in the school has some perks apparently. I got free ice cream! Yesterday two..and today one. I ate one coz it's these mini poppers and the other two I gave my bro and mum coz..let's just say..ice cream dont sit well with my diet..heh.

But ice cream's still good for the soul! Just..not too much of it.

Comments

Popular Posts