First Day of Work

Hrm, I actually have like almost five minutes to blog this piece, believe it or not. I self imposed myself this so that I can watch a bit of youtube..hee. That pesky brother lah..took up my computer time just now. And I was also uploading the files for my friend Mariah.

Anyhoo, as you know....monday yesterday (since im typing this out after midnight already) I started work! Woohoo! I had to go all the way to Maxwell Road for the induction which was basically an introduction to the ministry. Well, unfortunately, since I have officially started work with this ministry, I am not able to tell which one is it though you may have got the answer in the earlier posts. Not coz Im so top secret....but it's just blogging ethic. And you're wondering why it rained. That's coz rahayu not being herself tonight..haha..

Okay! It was nerve wrecking prior to coming in to the school but the nervousness somehow faded away when...


dum de dum dum...

I got my own freaking cubicle space! with own pc! with own phone! and..strangely...with own walkie talkie! with my name labelled on it!

sorry, I know you're wondered..yet again..what got into me. I mean..pfft...wats so big deal about that. Well, based on my previous two jobs and more the latest one which I just left last week, I felt like a wandering nomad with no fixed office place. And I came back to any one of the offices, I dont feel like I belonged there and people working there would give strange glances and they were not too keen with us over there either like we treated their office like some hotel or something. And prior to this, I would come back to this long conference like table with free sitting and if I found a place to sit, some idiot would go like..'hey..thats my seat!' even though she just left her bag on the table near to the seat. Oh, and her name was not on it either. Even before that long table existed, there were cubicles but even then, had to share with another colleague or even up to three colleagues. So imagine how squeezy it was.

But sadly, I might be shifted to the front desk since I had been told that my job would be mostly handling miscellaneous stuffs which also included handling the visitors as the other regular officers were already handling the heavier duties. Im okay with that lah coz I would still have my own table and morever, she said that it would probably be on a rotation basis among the other officers so that everyone would have the chance. Phewh, seriously I cant imagine myself handling all the visitors which walked in and out like the parents for instance. Im still seated near the entrance though so if the officer infront is not around or has gone somewhere, the first person they see would be me.

I had been outlined a bit on the duties that I would be assuming and unfortunately, one of them would be related to my past job which would be to co-ordinate with the school health service if they come down for a visit. Haiz...that was where I was previously from. Oh well. We can never completely erase our past.

I am so excited! I had a bit of a headache just now..partly coz I was caught in the drizzle a bit and also coz I had to read the hr policies on the computer and go through the school's website to familiarise myself with the school administration. My admin manager was like saying that this would be a good chance to look at them coz later on, there wont be time for me to look up these policies again.

Okay..so I shall update again coz today was mainly briefings with the higher level people on my job scope and expectations.

Once again...so exciting!

Comments

Popular Posts