Single and Picky

well..today i want to put my life back in order such as some work related stuffs..uhm...more like things that are so freaking backdated by a few months, I have managed to put them in order. of course im just halfway through but at least I cleared up those that needed to be cleared first coz it has been taking way too long. Or at least before they discovered most of their statistic pages for the past two months were missing..no thanks to me...haha..But i'll put it back tomorrow!!


currently im reading this compilation of articles written by a local columnist. at first, when i read her articles back then in the newspapers, I thought that she was milking the fact that she was single. To me, it's not an issue at all because we just have not found that someone who fill up the void in our life. But as I read through her articles, I would say that she was somewhat....like me. Trying to decipher what others meant and not taking whatever they say flat down. Hopeful...but not too hopeful. And we shared the same opinion that well....we're picky coz we dont want to end up with the biggest mistake of our life. We're picky too coz we cant afford to settle for second best. SO if we have to wait..then wait it is...let others breeze through life with their so called 'the one'...while we just take things slowly. We cant hurry love or we will end up getting hurt badly. We cant force love either so I have to accept it if Jensen Ackles of Supernatural fame rejected me although I will make his life miserable later.


But it's interesting to read or hear what others have to say when it comes to love/break up/rebound. SOme say that we should not get involved too early in a new relationship after a bad break up. SOme others may say that we should not be involved with our best friend's ex coz it will be messy. But..who wrote those damn rules? And then hearing someone saying 'i love you' to us....and then we dont get butterflies in our stomach....how do we react then? Should we pretend that we're in love with this person too and try to reciprocate or brush them aside with the so called promise that it is best we remain friends instead?


For me, I think it's a mixture of following our heart and trying to figure out what the heck is going on at the same time too. It's not easy I suppose but if you ask me, the best is to put our best interests forward first....while other people's opinions will count second. Unless of course it's glaringly obvious that this guy is a no no and we carry on still...then our stupidity cannot be plonked on to others.


Love is complicated. While it can bring us hope...it can also bring us down. Ultimately, it's supposed to offer us bliss but who am I to say..for someone who is not in love..or has never been. But one thing I can never stand no matter how nice the person sounds like is people promoting the idea of finding 'the one' and settling down with 'the one' just because they never open their eyes wide enough to see that not everyone has a happy marriage like theirs. Yes Im not that conventional sort of person who believes that our soulmate is somewhere out there probably hiding underneath some rocks, boulders or something. I do get scared being so called alone in the future even though it is a possibility that I can try to live with no matter how dumb I just sounded right now. But again I would say things take time to happen and if it doesnt happen yet, please....oh......please...spare my ears with your lecture on why being single is not a good thing.


Oh well...you know the deal...people will forever have opinions, stupid or otherwise but what are we to do then? Listen intently and then heed their advice so that we will end up being all trigger happy like them. YAH RIGHT! Go mind your own business...like uhm...making sure your husband doesnt have roving eyes or something.

Comments

Popular Posts