Caucasian Invasion

man...the weather has been a killer for the past few days except today. it was hot hot hot all the way and it affected me physically..a.k.a..i look even more damn fugly lah! pimples sprouting on my face and my shoulders (Ack! there goes my boat neck blouses!) and my hair..frizzy, freshly washed or not, doesnt make any difference. today's rain had been rather hopeful and my umbrella had been in the 'storage' for so long that when I took it out finally, few threads came loose when the wind blew hard at it. good thing the bus stop was rather nearby.


you know what i notice about my neighbourhood recently or even during the mrt rides to work? there's a sudden influx of ang mohs or caucasians ah! no..im not complaining coz if i do, i need to be slapped across the face for not appreciating their presence but then again do slap me if I look at other people's ang moh husbands who are so darn good looking. They have blended well into the heartlands that it can be quite a sight..a good sight i mean...seeing them mingling with us Singaporeans. Yesterday I even saw this caucasian couple with a malay lady besides the commonly seen caucasian people living with chinese families and im guessing they are staying at her house. hrm...should i sub let my room? only single male caucasian (preferably good looking) in their mid twenties can apply. the rest...pls look further.


well...im looking forward to the weekend! like what i told mariah, my onlie source of motivation is not harry potter's movie, but the ramen dinner..heh (i love spicy japo food!! as long as they're cooked and not half cooked or raw..)..yah i know...im lousy. Friday...most likely i would be having a small gathering with another three of my close knit colleagues at secret recipe. For once, I dont have to admire the cakes behind the glass displays and sink into one!!! this is an indulgence that cannot be missed! lunch for the past few days had been sucky and im anticipating tomorrow wont make any difference. cant i just have a decent bowl of bee hoon noodles or fish ball noodles WITHOUT gunks of swimming oil?! they seriously need to do revamp this whole healthy eating campaign among the malay food stalls instead of just promoting dunno what slimming programmes lah or herbal diet pills lah coz seriously, Singaporeans love to eat. So go to the core of it! Provide healthier eating options and alamak mak ciks, it doesnt take you much to pre boil the bee hoon noodles instead of relying just on yellow noodles or kway teow noodles because it is much easier to prepare.


So much for preaching when Im gonna end up eating a plate of banana chocolate cake later....


well, i dont call it a once in a blue moon indulgence for nothing!

Comments

Popular Posts