Harry Potter and the Bugger

actually..I wrote about bugger yesterday but it turned out to be the start of a gripping essay..bwahahaha!! no, I actually wrote that I chat with him via msn last friday and so now, officially he has invaded my favourite world of solitude...the internet...after office working hours. And I thought he was the one who said that he just wanted to add me but not talk..and gee..who started the ball rolling? And guess what..he is still the bugger that he is...with a conversation full of emoticons (which doesnt really get into my good books..veering towards total annoyance). he said a 'hey..' followed by a nudge..you know that thing that sorta makes your window vibrates. In this case, since he sent the nudge at the start of the little window at the side prompting a conversation from someone, my pc got stuck a bit. And then when I said I got the shock of my life (no..seriously), he laughed and did it again....on purpose.


OH well..but anyway, conversing with him was quite fun coz it felt like like im talking to a girl..bwahahaha..with all the good natured bashing...while at the same time, gripping about work. Geez, talk about wanting to keep it at a professional level which I did try..with great difficulty...especially when it comes to calling him up for some work matters like supplies...whether he sent the equipments..that sorta things...but it will NEVER be a one off thing..like ask and put down the phone. It will somehow veer off to a ten minute conversation...haiz..so nowadays we just messaged. I think he got the drift that it's better to message than call too..haha..coz seriously, he....being a guy and all...strangely...can be quite chatty like a girl. I can say two words..and he can say ten like a bullet train that it's hard to catch up. I swear he is not living up to his ah beng image at all...hahaha...


Anyway, I caught the harry potter movie over the weekend with mariah. My take on it? Okay...here's the thing..Im not up to date on the books nor on the movies so half the time I dont know who the characters are but after watching quite of a few of them, I sorta got a slight idea. Infact, I even thought that this was the goblet of fire until mariah corrected me saying that this is the order of the phoenix. oh...So im not a die hard fan if on my own, I wouldnt pick the harry potter series as one of my movie choices but basically, if Im asked to watch it, it's not quite a biggie.


But having watched the previous ones, I would say that the action part is a tad disappointing. Im like..'huh? thats it?!' I love Ron as usual....and he seemed to take in Hermione's swap at him good naturedly..like as if he was implying...'oh...she likes me...' haha..Dunno why but they sorta reminded me of Kim Possible and Ron..heck, they even have the same first name! Sorta like good friends..then in the fourth series, they're a couple...awwwww......SO yah, im more a cartoon fan than a book fan..haha.


So there's the usual introduction of new characters and mystical creatures but I think the best addition is Luna. I like her positive vibe a lot and cho chang..or whatever crap her name is...WASTE OF TIME! I thought Luna was a better option as in a kissing partner. Cho Chang's actress...beat thousands of other girls during the audition? The ones who chose her okay or not? But me and mariah concluded that maybe she got the look of a traitor..bwahaha...not so much for her acting skills..if there were any...


Anyway, it didnt feel like the movie was draggy and to think I wanted to equip myself with enough food for the three hours. I ended up with just a cup of bubble tea..haha..I think half the time I was being kept awake for the fact that I was trying to practise self control of not leaving the cinema...the very crowded cinema..for a toilet break.


One good thing about this movie is that....well........there's unison among the students instead of just harry..harry..harry. Yah i know they dont call it harry potter the movie for nothing and that he's the chosen one..blah blah blah...but harry is nothing without his friends and the help of his professors or even other people for that matter against 'you know who' (i thought that was a cute way of calling him..). He is still vulnerable and not able to stand up against the strength of evil yet but subsequently, the movies..or even the books for that matter....also shows that no one is immune to death no matter how powerful they are..what more..harry potter..a young schooling wizard. Even the headmaster himself will eventually die in the hands of the dark forces. I may not have the book...but boy do I have the internet.


Well, so there you go! rahayu's very personal account of what she thought of the movie. I will give it a....three out of five stars. Any lower, I will get a slap from mariah who is totally nuts over the whole harry potter thingey.

Comments

Popular Posts