Weird Habits

okay....AS promised to a friend who tagged me...despite telling her that it would be tough to get these facts out of me, I shall try and rise up to the challenge.


10 things/habits that i think is perculiar & weird about me: (so..so hard...)



one, I like looking at the chinese men around my age group even though Im not chinese myself. Especially those that are not skinny but broader looking (thanks to gym, maybe?) because they obviously know that rahayu likes her men who dont look or resemble a bamboo pole. Please...to those who think that being tall for a guy is more than enough for a girl to like...by all means...marry another bamboo pole. But shorter.

two, I dont like eating outside food like those served in food courts, restaurants or hawker centres not because I am on a strict diet. I just have had enough of them already coz I eat them all the time if I am with a colleague or a friend. They can never be like home cooked food which is cooked with love. They are only there to make money so who cares if they add in a tad too much artificial flavourings like MSG and dont clean their vegetables, mee or meaty ingredients thoroughly? I actually miss home cooked food so much coz my mum doesnt cook for the family anymore like a typical singaporean family living in the hearlands. If she does, it is very very occasionally such as once....or twice a year?

three, I have the tendency to pluck out dust on my pants, skirts or shirt if I happen to spot obvious ones.

four, I dont quite fit in the mould of a typical singaporean modern malay girl on the streets in her twenties who is a stunner, has a good job, a good looking boyfriend, about to get married or is already a young mother, fashionable and has a great social life. i'd rather not be like that no matter how blissed these girls can be. hrm, I dont think this is a weird thing about me though. Or is it? Who doesnt want to be attractive and be a magnet for the good looking guys who can chauffeur you around. A good offer......but an offer I can afford to resist because I dont think it can guarantee me long term happiness. Now THATS the weird part.

five, I dont like being called 'ayu'. i know it is part of my name so there is no escape plus it is simple enough to address me as. but i don deserve such a name coz you know how I am in regards to being 'common' especially if this name is an affectionate way of calling a pretty and sweet malay girl. Do I look sweet to you?!

six, I dont have a high personal hygiene level and my mum knows and nags about that. But don't worry, these so called unhygienic habits are not on public display. Including boogers.

seven, I like unusual love stories like the kind of story where the rich, popular and handsome looking boy will fall for the ugly duckling who share a certain chemistry with him and does not look at him like how other girls do (watch Circle of Friends!). Oh, and my infamous interest in the movie called Brokeback Mountain about two gay cowboys. Uhm, hate to say this but ah....it's not the only gay love story I watched. I just happened to come across them while doing a search on some things totally unrelated. But you know how the search engine works and Im like..whats this..then the next thing..'oooh...my gawd...' *gross gross gross*..But then, when you kinda understand the storylines behind such dramas, you kinda feel for the characters and may feel sorry for them especially if it leads to a dramatic ending. They are set like the O.C. and Temptation Island (only thing is they'll never make it here). Basically, these are confused individuals who cant tell the difference between friendship and love because of all the emotional rollercoaster they go through in life since young. To them, their bond with another male counterpart is somehow turned into lust and desire that they seem to get addicted to as no one else seems to understand what they go through but themselves. I still think that gay love is not right but....love has no boundary. We set the boundary ourselves but it is just a matter of how far we are willing to go beyond that.

eight, I find upholding a basic beauty regime that includes skincare, bodycare and grooming the greatest chore of all. Yes, screw me for bringing shame to the typical young female population. I'd rather go out with a no make up face and not slather on moisturiser at night. But because at this age if you dont make an effort to look good, it will definitely show in a big way. For example, if I dont sleep enough, my eyebags will be two shades darker than when I was in my teens where they were barely visible during one of those late night studies. Hello, concealor.

nine, I don't like sambal belachan or the chilli paste that people..especially a typical Malay person...will have as a side dish on its own to eat with anything like rice and noodles. I dont even like my food to be touched by it and if the stall owner puts it on my rice without asking if I want to, I will eat around it and will cringe if I accidentally tasted a bit of it and it's not coz my tongue is on fire. I can stand hot and spicy stuffs sometimes better than those who cant live without sambal belacan but will be sick from too much heatiness the next moment. I am not an 'orang putih' or a westernized malay young woman that will only eat western food. Call me what you like. It may be part of our malay food culture but doesn't mean I have to embrace it to be a true blue malay girl.

ten, I am a damn bloody calculative young woman that every single cent coming out of my pocket counts. So much so that shopping is not a past time for me like any females out there. But I do buy things for myself occasionally like tops or shoes if there is spare cash or there is the great ol' MANGO sale. It is the only sale that I think gives me the saving grace that I.Am.Female.



So...there you go! Deed is done. Honestly, I don really find them so weird. Perhaps, in general...you may be thinking that Im better off born as a male since Im seriously lacking of a typical female behaviour. Lucky I have the hots for men. If not, maybe a sex op is a good option.

Comments

Popular Posts