Open Minded

GREAT. I can envision people who come across my blog and read my last entry to see me as someone who is a gay lovin' racist against her own race anorexic girl. K, let me clear this out..and my throat out as well...I am not a racist against my own race despite writing like Im not proud of my race culture and the young men too. It's just a matter of preference and NOT hatred but doesnt mean Im gonna be all inflexible about it like die die MUST go out with a chinese guy. Gay lovin' I am not. I just see love in a generalistic point of view as in its purest form. Plus the fact that men are better known to hold their emotions stronger than women but in the end, they succumb to their fate of venturing 'beyond the horizon' is not something that is encouraged because it will only give rise to an AIDs epidemic. Still, I just think that we are not addressing the issue correctly here and the more we choose to run away from the root cause, the more problems we have at our hands. The bottom line of the issue here is that we are all weak whether or not we are men or women especially if the temptations are too much to bear.



But the thing is that we need to know that these men are sometimes brought up to not show their emotions easily such as crying or their fathers had been too harsh on them as little boys to make them grow up quickly as men. Either that or they have gone through a traumatic childhood experience pushing them beyond their wildest imaginations. It is just like in a heterosexual relationship between a man and a woman. We expect that the women will take it harder when the relationship goes awry with endless crying while the guys are assumed to dust it off and move on. This is not necessarily true. The men can be just as wrecked especially if they are the ones who are being played out but seldom people will pity the men because they think a quick drink at the bar will slowly drown their emotions. If they keep on suffering from heartaches as a result of broken relationships, their voices are not being heard by anyone but the other guys at the bar during male bonding sessions. I can tell you straight up that not all of them started to like guys from the very first time they lay their eyes on one.


I just think the bottomline is that we shouldn't subject ourselves to easy assumptions. Your opinions are yours and mine are mine. To you, it's just food if I rave about not being able to eat home cooked food and shun outside food. Of course I still eat food in general as I dont want to die from starvation just because my mum refuses to cook. Of course I dont view marriage and family life as a stop to having your own freaking life. I may be a pessimistic at times but it doesn't mean that I look at everyone else in a cynical way especially if I will never see myself leading a life like them. I know and read of people who don't wish to have babies for example for fear of losing their figure or will stop them from climbing the corporate ladder. They'd rather have dogs than babies and dislike babies even if other people think they look oh-so-cute with their adorable eyes and pinky cheeks.


But I think we should respect other people's lives even if we disagree and not condemn them. Even if they have made a mistake and did not plan for it to happen, babies or having a gay partner or whatever...we are not God or what to have a life more 'perfect' than them. Who knows they can be much happier than us who have nothing better to do than to criticise others harshly while we are miserable ourselves. In other words, stop being a nosey bugger! Heh...


Okay pokies, I am not angry with you nor did I receive any hate mails and condemn me for being a 'racist'. That one you can go to xiaxue whose mission in life is to attract attention through sensational writings and then condemn you for being single minded if you disagree with her even though she's not as 'open minded' as she claims to be. That one is a classic case of 'I write what I want to write but people cannot jolly well write what they want to write about me'. Who is calling the kettle black now. Idiot. People have opinions they say lah especially if you write stupid stuffs...


Hrm, now that I have 'opened' your mind a bit here..I can let you in on another weird habit of mine. No wait..dont think u're ready for it yet..heh..

Comments

Popular Posts