Geek in Training

man...I thought i would never see the living daylights of blogger or internet even....coz SOMEONE'S itchy fingers go and scratch more than she should. And all because she wanted to maintain a high download speed when downloading big files such as torrent files. I was this close to getting that coveted download speed but then the next thing, it fell back to less than 1o instead of 50 to 60 kB/s. Oh well...I got so freakin frustrated that I didn't think twice or thrice before changing the numbers and yadah yadah...coz they just HAD to rub it in through the forum that they were able to get at least..I repeat..at least...100 kB/s. And fyi, that's a pretty damn lot.


Anyway, whatever it is...the very least I was able to obtain was a higher broadband speed to more than twice its speed which was what I was supposed to get and had paid for every month. I never believed those internet service providers anyway. At least not recently...when I was so freaking mad that they were taking away my priviledges as a net user..and who cares about the piracy scare...it seems that it may take ages for me to just get a decent open source software via the net. I knew it was not my memory space problem coz i often clear my darling pc. And oh, the free gifts given to them...in Singapore, you think it's so easy ah people just give you a freakin laptop after getting a two year's subscription? Gimmick lah babe..gimmick! Pfft....yah, as if I have ever rejected their free gifts and renewed just for them.


Anyway, looks like I have to say that hey..I am okay...a little bit running cuckoo here since I should be sleeping and not tinkering on this gawd damn thing. Plus my laptop which has been having some funny hardware problems recently despite rebooting it twice, had to be resolved straight away too coz im SO not gonna bring my ass down to one of those service centres. I dont trust them. When it comes to my two 'babies'....I dont trust people to work on them. That's how protective I am of them. And Im sure those who have sent theirs down for repairwork too often have to deal with buying new hardware that may cost a few hundreds over something that can be resolved for free...provided they actually take their time to troubleshoot in the actual problems. Forget service centres. Even those people who can do repairwork for you for a sum of money...which is a hefty lot and where you might as well get a new system...may not even do a good job.


So, after much tinkering and with some help from a free software which is a damn useful software recommended by a foreign I.T. magazine, I had no idea how I finally managed to get rid of the problem once and for all. I guess it takes practice or err....reading articles after articles on pc troubleshooting. Yes I sound like a geek-in-training but at the very least, it saves me hundreds of dollars on costly repairworks. Of course this is just between you and me.....Im not gonna be some people's convenience if they have problems. Plus, I dont want to cause any damage to their system and...I'd rather be known as rahayuthepopular...rather than rahayuthegeek..heh...we're talking reputation here!!


Oh well...looks like I have to continue this later. At least the internet is still working...but i got to do something about the wireless router. Look, once I have tried to resolve all these problems including trying to obtain a decent downloading speed...I shall come back to blog. For real this time.

Comments

Popular Posts