Not for Faint Hearted

WARNING!~NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED...this is extreme ramblings over some I.T. sh*t

Hey...

I've been meaning to write for the past few days but I didn't think I was in the mood to write. Not because I have lost my blogging mojo..along with my youth..but I have been busy manipulating my computer. Yes, once in a blue moon, it will go through phases where rahayu will be so hard keen on doing something and making sure she jolly well find the solutions and bloody well make it work. In other words, bitten by the I.T. bug. You know, when this bug come a bi-ting, I will be having a fever...feverishly workin this so-called I.T. project of mine that is. The latest one is a pretty big and requires a lot of searching and less of manipulation..but a heck lot of understanding and trial and error. Unfortunately, for this one...while on the plus side I get to download torrents or video files successfully in the shortest time possible by doing various calculations and brain cracking too, I learnt a lot too that make me distrust our dear service providers.


But hey, that is Singapore..always out making quick bucks for themselves while being so technologically disadvantaged but acting like they know so much and that these are their own original ideas. Think Apple and Creative. But the thing about Creative is that ...it dares to venture out and find its identity and own voice rather than just trailing behind Apple. But these internet service providers..hrmph...they are a bunch of liars but they cleverly disguise it with their sharp marketing skills and freebies (now who wouldn't be enticed by that, eh?). If you are one of those who get all screw eyed when looking at such unbelievable offers, please...don't just go all out for it. It helps seeking additional help from someone who knows more than the usual platter of offerings.


Oh, for myself..my guideline for you is very the easy one. The more expensive it is, it doesn't mean that you are getting more downloading speed power. That's bull..in uhm..I.t. trashy speak. Trust me on this. You can check the actual downloading speed connection with one of those free online tests and the results can be disappointing. But I would dare you to question them about their I.T. handicaps. More often, they will play the blame game with you instead as if you were the one who had screwed up or it is your system's fault because it is farking 'slow and outdated'. So...what will they suggest instead? That you upgrade lah..meaning that you will have to fork out more each month if you want faster downloading speed.


Yah..pfft...twenty to thirty dollars more for mere kilobytes but of course on paper, it will not be just mere kilobytes. Infact, it will be two fold like 1K more or 2K more. Those 'K's sounded good eh? But it's just clever manipulation of words if you're not one of those customers who get down to every nitty gritty details. Honestly, I am not one of them either but my budgeting skills saved my ass these past few years. So I am not willing to pay more to enjoy those 'benefits'. Therefore what I can't make up in money, I make it up with knowledge to look for alternatives that either dont require me to pay by net crawling for relevant softwares that have been created but distributed freely on the net and also to read through the guidelines posted by people who are damn good in this but still manage to remain 'human' by telling it in layman's terms.. hehe..


Okay..so those who are engrossed in their own geek world of I.T. stuffs, true they may be known as the big spenders but precisely over this reason too that they want to make sure they get what they paid for. Ive got a friend who is pretty extreme when she first bought her laptop. Didn't help that she was into engineering as well and you know how they are with even the tiniest details too because they cant afford to make mistakes as they can affect the whole structure.

Comments

Popular Posts