Skip to main content

One Big Bad World

Doesn't it suck that when you are in the same room for the many many years or even in the same small clustered office and you still can't find things when you need them?!


Anyway, I thought that I would do a quick post before I sleep again. Took a really long nap just now. 


Sometimes I feel a bit flustered at how some people treat others like do they even know what they're talking about. They become too selfish and self absorbed that they fail to understand that other people may get hurt in the process. Well of course there are those motor mouthed ones who just say out what they want to say and I don't really care if they're doing that because they just have no concerns about others or they're just too narrow minded to consider other people's needs and wants. But why not for once place themselves in the shoes of the party concerned so they can look at it in a different point of view. 


Well that's typically Singaporeans for you.


You know everyone's entitled to their own opinions but it will only start to irk me if they don't see the whole bird's eye view. I don't like this homophobic rants, stereotyped opinions about certain races etc etc because they just show how much we have yet to learn from other people and also to accept that some things are just facts of life so you just have to move on and get it over with. Many people will always have this fear of the unknown but once you get past the fear and try to get out of the comfort zone, your mindset immediately opens and then you will realize that you have been holding on to opinions that borders on being selfish.


Alright enough of my rant..gotta sleep. I guess people are people, you know. Just have to accept that we all come from different walks of life and so many of us are privileged enough to grow up in a society that do not have to depend on scavenger hunts to get food or to go overseas to find a job so that they can support their families back home. Don't always think negative about such people. At the end of the day, we are all merely human beings trying to survive in this big bad world and some have to fight tooth and nail to get what they want and the last thing they want is to get mistreated or treated indifferently from others. 


follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...