Skip to main content

Beauty 101: Revlon Color Burst & Sleek New Blushes

Been awhile since I have done a blog post on beauty stuffs. Not that I have forsaken my love for beauty products..or at least, affordable beauty products because basically I can afford only them. 

I have watched many beauty bloggers' videos and they are just so in love with their lipsticks and how can they not, lipsticks come in a variety of shades. And then now even those budget beauty brands have invested into making lipsticks that are of good quality and come in many pretty shades.

 I would say if you want to invest in good affordable lipsticks, for under $18, you can get hold of the revlon's lip butters.


Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter




For a review, you can refer to the link below from Makeup Stash (Singapore).


Revlon Color Burst Review


While I love the different shades and colour of make up, especially eyeshadows and my fave blushers (yum..), I am not a fan of lipsticks because apparently they don't have a lasting power plus I always feel my lips look gawdy with colour..haha.


But! I love me blushes and I have quite a collection as compared to lipsticks which are mainly given to me.


L-R: Sleek Sunrise, Le Femme Terracota & Sleek Carribean

L-R: The shades



I added three of them to my collection recently and two of them..get this, I didn't buy them at full price because I'm a cheapo like that and it's also because I don't want to spend so much money on them anymore as I have a....new hobby :) More on that in a later post.

Two of them I have bought from a blog sale so basically they were used before. But you gotta beware of such sales especially if you have sensitive skin. I do have it so if you are really in need of make up but don't want to spend much, you can look out for such sales and what you do next is to wipe it with a dry piece of tissue. But if you don't want to take the risk, simply avoid them unless they say that it's brand new item and they're selling at a discounted price because they have a similar shade or whatsoever reason.


In the last pic, you can tell why I simply wouldn't mind buying a sleek blush which is $12.00 from a local online shop as compared to the Silky girl blush or any other drugstore brand that has the same size as that blush. The palette is pretty big. Value for money I'd say.


I like this shade. If you don't wanna try other colours apart from the pink tone blushes, you can try this particular shade. It has some shimmer and you can use it also as a soft bronzer.


Sleek Blush Sunrise


When I was browsing the website for the blushes, I found this awesome new product.


OMG..3 blush shades!







I am definitely doomed if my fav local seller starts selling this.


I think they are following closely NARS or maybe they ARE following closely because NARS (which I can't afford) have similar product like this.


Blush heaven here I come..haha.


follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...