Beauty 101: Celebrating Your Curves

I've always had body issues because when I was growing up, I ate a heck lot, in fact too much which later backfired on me as I have to spend years trying to get the weight off. But this post is not about my every day woes. But rather, how we should be blessed in whatever body shape that we are in.

Everybody, especially girls, have body hung ups. Even those that we see as having the perfect body, that we would kill for, nitpick on some part of their body that perhaps only they will notice. I believe that the more caught up we are in trying to look perfect, the more pressurized we will feel. If it motivates us to take good actions such as exercising regularly and having a well balanced diet, then I would say it is a good pressure. Otherwise, we are just gonna cause ourselves some emotional trauma especially when we realize that we can never be a carbon copy of so and so who is hot and eye catching enough, every girl wants be like her and every guy wants to date her.

There are some things that we can't change in life and same goes with our body. What we can't change, we don't fret over them. Try as much as we can and our thighs still look like super jumbo, then forget it. We do so many sit ups and our tummy is still not flat enough that a mini airplane can land on it, then so be it. 

My suggestion is to embrace them while buying flattering clothes so that less focus will be on them. Instead, know what are your favourite body parts. Broad shoulders? Buy clothes that emphasize it. To me, a boat neck blouse will look good on you. Your tummy looking like a mini molehill from the view on top? Well, same case here with me. Don't bother with those fitting tops. Instead, a flowy top will de-emphasize the tummy and will make you more feminine. You have chunky thighs? A mini will not work even if it looks good on your friend whose hemline seems to be getting shorter every time you see her. Get an A line skirt with a slight flare and goes past your knees so that they will cover up the chunkiness. And a trick to lengthen your legs? One word: Heels. They don't have to be sky high. Just a mini one can give you an instant boost in confidence and make you look taller and more elegant looking, provided you walk properly by walking straight and tall.


I'm always envious of those girls that are on the big side but they are totally heck care about what the world thinks of them. They are proud of their curves, even flaunting them, and yet they easily win over with their even bigger personalities that even guys flock to them because they are that appealing even without having stick thin bodies.


So if you are like, who are on the plus size, don't fret. To me, it is more important to be healthy and stay healthy rather than be so focused on wanting to look thinner. When you are healthier, you will not fall sick so easily and you will have this radiant glow where no amount of make up is able to re create because even without make up, you still look youthful and full of life. Have you seen some girls, even celebs, without make up? They look so *eurgh* When you take good care of the inside, it will also show on the outside. 


While yes, it is true that I think a  little inch loss here and a little weight loss there, can make me physically better and make clothes fit better on me, I don't want to be so caught up with this race to lose weight. Honestly, I have never aimed to be at a weight where a majority of models are at. In fact, the weight that I wish to be at is still within the overweight range. I know I can NEVER be thin so it's a fact that I sadly have to accept. 


But to me, life isn't all about wanting to look good. Ultimately, you also have to love yourself first by being good to yourself, accepting your flaws, recognizing your good body parts and simply be a nicer person to people in general because you are a unique individual, curves and all :) 

I sheepishly secretly want to have Beyonce's body. She's so curvy and she fills out clothes well. I fill out clothes too, but in a clumsy haphazard way..haha.


Anyhoos, doesn't matter. Knowing what she goes through in order to achieve that body, I think I will pass. I will just be curvy, the rahayu popz way.


Curvy..in all the right places.

Skinny...not what I want.



follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts