Overwhelmed by Work

I have been so overwhelmed by work mainly coz of my new job scope. Now my colleague, who is leaving next week, is going to handover most of her job scopes too, including the daunting payment to vendors. I panicked when I first heard about it because it is a very big job scope. My colleague can only say that the payout may be big next year, if I do it well. I never thought I would get to hold this new job scope because I'm such a klutz and I think my boss knows that as well. I'm just not one of those with good leadership qualities or even work orientated.


However, I want to make this work. Seriously, work it. I don't want to cause a lot of upsets and mistakes. Though mistakes are inevitable and they are the learning points, I should try as much as I can to be on top of things and get things done as much as I can within one day. If I have to bring home, then er, bring home I must. But I should not let it rule my life. Maybe I give concession of up to two days of work when I return home? This is mainly so that I can do more stuffs when I go to work the next day without work piling up.


At the moment, I am trying to learn as much as I can within a very short time frame :S since she's leaving in mere days and write down as much notes as I can and doing my own reading too. The last bit helped me in a way when my colleague was not around and left only me and my boss asked me instead regarding finding the vendors' details in the system. I'm like oh shit..but realized I read it up yesterday and man, I think she might be proud of me when she asked me if I know and I could rattle it off. Of course, since I had NEVER gone into the system to do some actual work on it, I'm still a bit lost and lucky thing she helped me out on how to conduct a search.


My colleague said that so far I am doing well but of course, a bit blur on some things which she says it is understandable since it's only when we do the actual thing that we know how it's done, rather than being showed and reading up on it.


I'm still very much nervous about it but I'm just gonna take it all in my stride and just learn to properly organize my time and  learn to work fast too like my boss to cover up as much as I can within a day. So far, they have been supportive and I am thankful for it. Very thankful. Just last Thursday I was like saying that I've got no more space on my table and was trying to clear stuffs on it and rearrange the things so that I will be able to properly organize. My other senior colleague helped me out and I merely asked her help to remove the old phone but she did much more than that. She even went to get a wet towel to help me wipe the ENTIRE desk. Now how sweet is that?!


I felt bad lah of course coz my table was super dusty, heh.

The I.T. guy was like making fun of me like oh, now I'm very busy, haha. Yes I think, I can only slack so much, which by the way, I do so occasionally coz I need to take a break. Of course my way of slacking is merely do one or two minutes of personal stuffs like checking email, that is all. Not a full fledged facebook game.


So here's to a so called toast to my new job scope and hopefully I will do well in it :)






follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts