Health 101: Slimming Pills

Hi there, if you are here looking for effective slimming pills, I'm afraid this blog post is not about it. It's more about being well informed about the effects of slimming pills and the consideration of whether you should take it or not and how to go about getting them.


Frankly speaking, I do not advocate slimming pills. Yes, I do agree that some of them do work effectively and even work fast enough in dropping kilos. But it is not a long term solution. It should never be a replacement of a healthy diet and exercise.


I had taken the doctor's prescribed slimming pills before and because of them, it had helped me to jumpstart on my fitness plan to lose the kilos. When I got off it, it took me a long time to drop my weight but I didn't want to get hooked on them because in the long term, it will not be good for my body. Though I didn't experience extreme side effects, whatever side effects I had are unpleasant enough but I was more excited at the rapid weight loss. I still continued to persevere with my gym workouts after I got rid of my shyness of working out among fit people because this is a personal battle. 


I've always thought that if I were to continue taking them, I would actually drop to my dream weight very soon and not take me such a long time that even until now, I still have not reached it. What is more frustrating is that I get myself into a fix where I will keep sliding back to my previous weight and then working out those kilos that I put on prior to losing them. Honestly, it's very tempting to pay the doctor a visit but I stayed away from those pill for many years and I still believe slowly but surely I will get to that weight. 


While I don't recommend taking them, if you feel that you should, then you must be fully aware of the side effects. The best thing to do, is to read real life stories of those people that have taken them or if you know them, to ask them and find out more. Don't depend on the testimonials from the manufacturer coz chances are, these people have been paid and since money is involved, you think they want to give bad reviews?


To me, it's best to get them from your family doctor, rather than the commercially available ones. At least it's safer, though the risks and side effects are still there just like any other pills because technically, they are drugs that should be taken in small doses. Oh yes, talking about doses, you must strictly follow them rather than establishing your own rules like taking two instead of one. Don't compromise your health unnecessarily.


If you are grossly overweight, like I once was at one time tipping the scales at 97kg, perhaps slimming pills may work well for you to jumpstart on your fitness plan, just like how I did before. 


HOWEVER, I only took them because I had tried my best to lose those darn kilos but failed miserably coz my body was so accustomed to eating a lot and not exercising that all my efforts seemed futile. I was also motivated by my ex colleagues who took them for the same reason, though they were not as overweight as me. Yet, I was losing more than them once I was on the pill coz I still continued on with my eating right plan and my exercise routine of hitting the gym at least 3 times a week.


Slimming pills may also work on those people who work long and hard to get rid of the excess weight and did but halfway through, they get stuck. Meaning to say, they lost 10 kilograms and they can't seem to lose any further and they still have a long way to go. Unfortunately, I seem to be in this position. Plus the fact that me being ill for the last few weeks altered my appetite and I ate quite a lot and now I am back to the old weight that I was before I started hitting gym regularly again after a period of hiatus. Bloody hell.


Sigh, this make it seem rather impossible that I will lose 10 kilograms by the time I reached the age of 30 but I am determined to reach my goal. I didn't have much luck recently since last August in fact and while slimming pills are very tempting, I shall make it my plan B. My current plan is to further reduce what I eat at work such as eating only wholemeal biscuits during lunch alternating with oatmeal. In between, I will not snack unnecessarily and if I must coz I am way too hungry, I will snack on one or two small pieces of dark chocolates and drink cold water or ribena to stave off the hunger pangs. While I have been eating oatmeal regularly, in between I do snack on sweet biscuits which I bought during the times when I was sick and suddenly I craved for those sweet biscuits like chocolate chip cookies and stuffs.


Now I'm trying to finish up the stock but have been cutting back to just one instead of four. Yes, four darn pieces. I still have that odd cough though generally, I am better. I have to be more disciplined in my eating habits and continue with my walking after work, provided the weather is good.


I don't wish for a smaller body but I do wish to reduce the fats in my body that have accumulated for so many years due to my unhealthy eating. Trust me, if you were to know me in real life and see how much I ate before, scary mama I say. 


So remember about the slimming pills. You can take it as a last resort if you feel that you have worked long and hard enough for it but without any results to show or you keep slipping back. But only do so if you are confident enough that you will take the necessary precautions such as strictly following the recommended dosage and getting them from reliable sources like from your GP. Do also note, that their side effects may be too strong for you and if it affects you in your daily life and health wise, please stop immediately. Your health is not worth compromising for a slimmer silhouette.


And last but not least, don't take it as a short cut to eating healthy and exercising.


Be healthy always!



follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts