Of Lust and Beauty

Okay fine, my last few posts have been nothing but a downer. Coz that's how life is. Im still struggling and I don't know how long my diminishing savings will last. I just have to hang on and be careful with my spending and try to save as and where I can. But of course, I am only human. While I have strongly resisted the urge to go to the Charles & Keith warehouse sales (so far so good..), and also spend a very minimal amount on myself including after work snacking despite the hunger pangs, I did err a bit but I made sure I make up for it later. Sometimes it's really no point blaming yourself especially if all this time you have been doing the right thing. That is inclusive of food. Why deprive yourself, of let's say chocolates, even if you are trying to lose 2kg within this month? Of course Im talking about myself here lah...forever the chocolate queen, but have to eat them in minimal quantities. I only limit myself to two pieces. But then again, like I said, Im  only human.

Then just now while I was in the bus, I thought to myself that not everything is as bad as it seems. I was just writing in my facebook on how I wanted to buy a mascara and then managed to get it when I received my pay coz mine ran out. I got it at a very good price of only $13 after discount and it was good. A different brand but this one does not leave streaks even after cleaning it off and then even after bathing, there are still no streaks compared to the previous I bought. Then just later this week itself too, I thought to myself that I should get a cheapo brand of mascara for every day use. I was thinking of this brand called Silky Girl. It's inexpensive and good for girls who are on tight budget but still want to look good. Side stepping a bit, if you are one of these girls, I really think you should go for the blushers, the eyeshadow palettes and the duo eyeshadow. Value for money.


But you know. I HAVE LITTLE MONEY. My electricity was cut off and I had to pay them to reconnect. Damn arses. In this kind of tight situation, I must be crazy to buy another mascara. 


But then, surprise, surprise! I did get a mascara! And a lip gloss! And a lipstick in a gorgeous brownish colour! All for free!!


Don't believe me? I have the picture below ;) It's from a brand called Avon. My brother said it's a multi level marketing where a client will get as many orders as she can and then get the goods from the supplier. In this case, my aunt is the client. And she managed to get about $1k worth of orders and she received those free things. She doesn't need them and the next best person she thought of is...me! yay me!


ta-dah!  


There is another candidate who also has the same name as me..pfft. She lives in Johor. Oh, sidestepping a bit here. She was apparently named after me..heh. She's all grown up now and in her twenties and I have no idea how she looks like now...haha. If you think Im that old, Im still in my twenties too, hokay?! 


Back to this. I actually love the lipgloss. Nice colour and it doesn't clot. It's a nice bright rather peachy colour. Okay Im not good at describing make up colours but I think that's what the colour is. If you know better, you can make a guess of it from the picture.


After a second look, I think pink is more like it..heh.
By the way, Im going to take on a new mission. I am going to.....


GROW MY HAIR!! Awesomeness.

I was looking at my profile pictures on facebook, and I came across this one.


Lusciousness!!
I lust for luscious hair! I thought it looked great. Maybe I happened to wash my hair that day or somehow my hair behaved well..I dunno. I tried to grow my hair again but it didn't look nice :( and hence why I chopped it off. Then I thought, maybe coz of the condition of my current hair. It looks rather thin or malnourished. Previously I loved drinking soya milk but then I stopped drinking it. I can go without snacks and can just drink this. Occasionally now I do drink though it wasn't as often as the last time. See even my arms looked slimmer! hrmph. Im not sure if I weighed less then or now but whatever it is I want to grow my hair until that stage. I promise not to over do it coz knowing my hair (which has a mind of its own), it may turn out to be dry and unruly.


But with proper care, I know I can have the lusciousness back. And hence, a proper diet which includes soya milk is very important. I started drinking it today though I have to get used to the taste of the reduced sugar one. I used to be able to take it but now I have to start my determination to finish it up all over again. And I think I want to change shampoo brand too. I don't the current brand that I am using is doing me justice. Based on..ahem..research...I know what brand to get next. Meanwhile this is my current state of hair.




I have also begun to use a hair tonic to hopefully make my hair thicker again :( I hate thinning hair though you can't really see from the above coz..er..the tonic is really working?! It was recommended by a hair stylist few years ago because my mum, who came along, said that my hair was thinning. But I didn't use it coz my hair grew thick again. At that time, I was suffering from some hair problem which resulted in its thinning. I also had dry itchy flaky scalp. Now coz, I think I am getting old!!! :( :(


But I am determined to look my best when I approach 30 next year. This week I have been taking good care of my diet, except for this one time when I ate 7 breaded shrimps in a day though not all at one go when my boss ordered a buffet..heh. I didn't go for second helping but I helped myself with two more shrimps. Then at home I ate another..one and a half..*sob* *sob* It's not always I get to eat yummy breaded shrimps but I paid back the unwanted saturated fats by eating less the next two days with my continuation of eating only wholemeal bread and milo for lunch. Prior to that, I have already started eating the long loaf of wholemeal bread.


Anyway I hope my mission is successful. I don't want to resort to buying expensive products coz Im such a cheapskate. Yes my two weeks challenge is still on and I think I am doing a good job with a few minor mistakes on the way. But I learn from them like when eating 7 breaded shrimps is a bit too much. Let's hope the following week will be a success. Plus it's also *gulps* weight check again. Gotta rev up on my diet plans..



follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts