2 Weeks Challenge

Im not having a good week despite one of the days being a pay day for me. I hate to pay bills but one gotta pay as long as one is working. I just don't agree with paying excessive bills to the point I cannot afford to do so. This stupid utilities bill drives me nuts every now and then but being the only provider of water and electricity, they can afford to drive people nuts. I know a lot of people don't have a problem with paying their utilities bill because I once hear how much they have to pay and I can only say I don't believe it! They are only paying that much?! Anyway last Sunday I just had one of the pipes fixed and I hope the utilities bill amount will go down a bit. 

While I actually intend to make this a blog post worthy of a rant, I think I shall leave that alone for now. No matter what happens, I just have to keep on going I guess. Pay day was just few days away and though I can't blame myself entirely, coz last minute I had to pay additional bills on top of my existing ones (see, as we grow older, we just hate to open the stupid mail box), now I don't have much left from my salary. To say it is okay will be an understatement, but I believe that I should just persevere and continue to just save as and where I can even if it involves a bit of sacrificing. Like any other salaried workers, we look forward to bonuses and my last one for the year will be in December which will be here very soon in the blink of an eye. See, that's how much looking forward I am.


So now, nevermind if I don't get to buy new bags or new clothes but just live simply with buying only the basic necessities, and yes, the cocoa butter lotion IS a necessity if you have a skin condition like me. Like how a typical Singaporean will say, 'Just tahan a little bit longer'. (Just bear with it a little bit longer).


Speaking of basic necessities, even those need to be planned on where to get them at a good cheaper price or better yet, get the house brands. If you can just explore outside the vicinity of the air conditioned shopping malls, you can actually get the same brand of shampoo at a lower cost. I bought mine recently at less than 5 dollars while those selling at an air conditioned supermarket costs almost $7. Of course when we have spare cash, we can buy from a better reputable brand like from the Body Shop. The only times I have spare cash is of course during the times when I get wage supplements but that's about it. Just like how the Prime Minister says, a bread is still a bread. And hence, during this hard times, while I don't want to sacrifice my health just to save money, I still stick to wholemeal bread but I get a cheaper house brand one. 

I have been careless the last few days right after pay day but since yesterday I have put things into perspective that little things that I thought were harmless to buy, do add up at the end of the day. So from now onwards, I shall be more careful in terms of my expenditure and my fitness.  We all make mistakes but we learn from them. Honestly, instead of saving, I became a bit more greedy and bought more snacks with the money that I just saved for the day because I felt deprived. I have no idea why I felt that way coz for the last three days, I thought I was quite well fed during the course such as the twice a day tea breaks..heh.


Oh Rahayu! But I learnt my lesson. I can just rant and rant on my blog every now and then on how it is difficult for me and there I was spending my money carelessly because I decided to listen to my stomach rather than my head. 


Within these 2 weeks, I am just going to challenge myself and not let my guard down in terms of my fitness and my budgeting skills. I have lost a bit of control in both of them but I think I can get them in proper order within the next 2 weeks. I dare not think too far ahead coz I am afraid I will hyperventilate.

Brand  new week ahead..brand new challenge. What am I getting myself into.



follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts