Introducing Edamame

Drats. I failed in losing weight this month. I was so ambitious in wanting to lose at least 2 kg and I ended up putting on at least 1kg. Pfft..what tough luck and I still refused to blame on the almost 8 pieces of breaded shrimps that I ate about two weeks ago. Anyway, I don't know what exactly went wrong when I didn't eat much. I was even trying to save money by NOT buying snacks when I knock off from work which was also a good way to save on calories. I ate wholemeal bread for both breakfast AND lunch. 


But I think I know. Well, from what I describe above, I suppose coz I am so famished by the time I reach home, I tend to eat whatever I can grab though yes I do try to watch out that I don't overeat. It's fine if I just eat that but then nowadays my mum cooks on some days so you can imagine I will eat that on TOP of whatever food I grabbed earlier on. 


Still, it's just an assumption. It could also be because I haven't been eating fruits regularly. I refuse to back down and will just continue to persevere on and then get to the weight I have wanted to be for the longest time ever. I didn't feel like I've gained weight so it's okay. Just have to work extra hard which, *gulps*, means from tomorrow onwards.


Actually, snacking is not all that bad. Also, you don't have to always stick to the same 3 square meals a day. You can have 5 small meals a day which can be comprised of healthy snacking. Oh, and always eat in moderation. You don't have to be completely full in order to stop eating so that you don't overeat. 

I will introduce one healthy snack which you can munch on. They are high in protein and instead of munching on potato chips while watching tv, you can snack on them instead. They are the....EDAMAME.


The preparation is really simple. You can take a few handfuls, rub them in salt and dump them inside boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes. Then you can start to gently pry them open and eat those crunchy green soy beans! You can totally skip the part on salt. At first I thought they would taste yucky but they're really good.


Like they say, you've gotta try it, to believe it!


If you are sceptical, I can refer to you to the ever useful wikipedia. 


More on Edamamame

Even scarier, it even has its own website address :S You can refer to it for a quick look at the nutrition facts.


http://www.edamame.com/


By the way from now on, I will put up labels for almost every post (I try!) so that it is easy for you to reference back coz I will be writing stuffs that may be useful for you. Those useless ones, like my rant and rave will also have a label of their own, heh. These labels will be displayed on the side bar which I will put them up as soon as I can.


So, wanna try out edamame as a new alternative snack? :)



follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts