Eliminate a Possible Breakout

To be honest, I actually have sensitive skin. It used to be really bad when I was younger and I used to break out in bad rashes and also would have hard swollen bits that had water in them and they looked super ugly. I don't have those pusses anymore but just few years ago, I had a bad case of rash that broke out around my ankle and feet area. At times they appear but the best battle to win against them is to simply apply rich moisturizer every day and to watch my diet such as being careful not to consume too much sugar because I have a high sugar content in my blood already due to genes as diabetes runs on my father's side of family. 

Feet are one thing but I also have an oily and sensitive skin on my face. As my face tends to break out easily like annoying pimples pop up every now and then which will leave behind pretty ugly black marks, I can't be a babe who spends like almost half an hour (or more even) to apply make up so as to look and feel beautiful. Sad fact but what to do, skin like this what.

But I do know of people, some of them are my friends even, who actually do not put on foundation at all when they step out of the house to work. At first I could do without ANYTHING on my face at one point of time but I figured I shouldn't be so cruel on the rest of the world with my natural looks.


Still, Im a young woman and first impression always counts. Who knows, I may meet my future love interest some where out there and to be completely naked on my face, my chances will fall to flat zero. But foundation will lead to breakout especially since Im not the type who er...clean them properly. Somehow remnants of it will still be on my face :S


So the next best thing was to rub on talc powder. It's made up of corn starch which doesn't harm the skin and is gentle even on the most sensitive skin. But it's quite troublesome and messy too if I put them on my face and then I accidentally have it on my blouse or skirt and it will leave white patches which I then will spend time rubbing them away. My mum also complain that I make  my bedroom floor all dusty.


Not to say talc powder is bad.  I don't have all the time in the world especially when I am rushing to work just to sprinkle on my palms carefully so that it won't create a mess. When my aunt came to my house with her daughter, my mum saw her daughter putting on a compact powder which is actually talc powder made into foundation form. So she asked my aunt to buy for me this baby compact powder. It's non  messy and I can apply it on my face just like how I apply foundation except that it doesn't clog my pores and keep the shine at bay too!






I used to wear this but I dunno, eventually I stopped coz I moved on to foundation which I find are still great but maybe not for every day use for someone with sensitive skin. Plus I don't have so much money to buy an expensive one that promises not to clog my pores and really live up to the name..and..er..the price tag.


It comes in several shades but if you ask me, based on experience, you can't really tell once you wear them.


You can find out more about the variety of colours in the following link


Pigeon Baby Compact Powder


The last I saw them being sold was at a kiddo shop at $8.50. You can get cheaper elsewhere like how my aunt did at Tom & Stefanie. In other words, it's still below the price of $10 so it's affordable. 


You should start taking care of your skin if you have not already done so. You don't have to rely on make up all the time because your skin needs to breathe too.


Another good tip is to cleanse your face before going to bed. If you have worn make up during the day, you can  use a good make up remover to remove any traces of make up because a facial wash may not be thorough enough to clean off the stubborn make up. But if you are lazy like me, can also buy a pack of wet tissues or a pack of make up wipes. Then before you sleep, slather on a night moisturizer so that you will wake up with a fresh and healthier looking skin. Studies show that skin repairs itself at night so make use of the benefit.




Don't we all want to look younger than our age? :D But first we must eliminate another possible breakout! My life as a young woman.

follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts