Good Looks on a Bargain

I love the beginning of a new month because it signals a new beginning. I love paydays too..but that's another story. Recently, I've made some purchases even though I think you hear me rant a few times how Im just so freaking short of money. But what can a girl do when the outfit that was previously selling at almost $20 is down to 50%? It's just $10! How can you not love that? 


I ah..also got another blouse for $15 which originally costs $29 and then a maxi long dress for just $10. Believe me, such maxi dress sells at a price so much higher than this! Plus, I don't have one *pouts* Then my mum receives maintenance money and all the more I feel like I should spending a bit of moolah on myself, eh? But I don't over do it. But the moolah should be the extra bits of money where if I don't spend, the next thing it will go to is topping up the ez link card for travel..and I do that all the time and it's so boring! I can't complain that much because our public transport system is one of the best in the world so I guess it is pretty much justified that ah...we have to pay a bit more?! :S


I will still say Im not a shopaholic but I admit that I have recovered from being one and so I pretty much knows how the writer felt like when she had to make drastic changes in her life when she decided to go sans shopping to clear her credit card bill for a year. Actually, few months back, I met someone from the same ministry as me attending a course and she also told me that at one point of time, she shopped so much that she had to go sans shopping for a year coz she was nagged at by her husband because she spent too much.


I can't blame these women. We women after all want to look good for ourselves and at times, for others too. It's basically in our genes lah. But just like any other addictions, we may tend to overdo it to the point where others may feel hurt or neglected or we fall deep into debt. It's a price to  pay to look good, I guess.


My pay is pretty small and I have bills to pay and groceries to buy on top of having to save money for emergency use. So I can't afford to go on a big bang shopping except during bonus times. That's why I hardly buy things and  usually what I do is that I think about what I want to get. Like maybe..I want to get a white tote bag. And I try my best to focus on getting that instead of getting numerous other bags and in the end, still didn't get that white tote bag..heh. I will definitely end up spending more that I should. And then regarding the blouse I got earlier, I saw the same one selling at almost $19.90 and I want to say I am so glad I decided not to get it then when I received my birthday hongbao or red packet.


Now my belief is that you should feel good about what you wear and it can be a cheap blouse but the way you carry yourself can make a difference. And sometimes a good mix and match can make a difference to your entire looks. And I did just that yesterday using what I already have in the wardrobe. I guess I was looking rather stylish that one of the guys that came to disinfect our office kept throwing glances at me (which made me feel a bit uncomfy) and then later on when I was at the guard post, he came up to me and called out to me by repeatedly calling 'miss..miss..' I didn't hear because I was reading the newspapers and then the security guard tapped on my shoulder to signal that he was calling out to me. He said I looked very familiar to him and I took one quick look at him (and swore I didn't see him before). I asked 'from where?' and he kinda fumbled and said 'I..dunno..' so I just continued reading my papers and thought how weird that was. Later on, when he left, the I.T. guy was like 'he just want your number'. 


Chet. So that was a pick up line?! And I took it at face value..heh. I wasn't looking pretty coz apart from my rather dressed up look, I didn't have time to slather on moisturizer and foundation on my face but just talc powder as I was recovering from a recent face breakout. Even with make up, I wouldn't say Im pretty but just an average looker compared to the many numerous minahs or malay girls out there who would probably spend minimum an hour to doll themselves up. Im very simple from top to bottom which my friend remarks that I should put in more effort in order to look more gorgeous..hehe. But then she also said, I didn't have to do much yet I garnered some attention to myself which just goes to show Im pretty enough for them to want to get to know me.


Oh really?! I get so chummed whenever I get such remarks. Such a huge moral boost to my low self esteem..haha.


If guys want to get to know...I uhm..am open to the idea but I dunno...I don't get attention from guys all the time so Im always rather awkward. I still feel like Im just not attractive enough but Im not a guy and I doubt all guys go for looks like what the I.T. guy said. To him, it's so troublesome to go for good looking girls because every morning later after marriage, they will take such a long time to doll up..haha.

follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts