Losing Weight the Rewarding Way

It's good to be back in the gym after a two week hiatus!! I managed to remain the same weight as I was pre fasting, post fasting and err...post..POST fasting when the food cravings kick back in again and I overate until I felt like puking. But of course, I came to my senses and though I did feel bloated following the overeating sessions..heh...and it's er..time of the month too, I managed to lose back the extra weight as if I never put on any weight. Amazing, right? It's annoying also coz I made my body feel like a yo-yo..haha.

Okay but I told myself..enough of this yo-yoing. After being stuck in the same weight for like the last two months or so, I have to do something about it. And I need to put extra efforts coz I have only about three more months to go to reach my weight goal. After doing some estimations, I realise that I need to lose about 2kgs per month! Pressure..pressure.


Im not doing this for anyone else but for myself and we are encouraged to be happy with ourselves no matter what body size we are. People also say that weight is just a number. What is more important is keeping yourself healthy. But to me, though that rings true, I just want to be comfortable in my body and at this moment, I still am not. I dread to wear something and feel fat in it. I don't need to be of my ideal weight coz I think that will take me forever. But I want to be at a stage where I pretty am comfortable and not having to worry about extra bits sticking out, you know what I mean? I just want a slimmer silhouette like everything looks well tucked in while looking shapely. Im so vain..haha.


I think I wrote about my friend who has been  losing so much weight and recently, right after a few months of telling me her weight, she has now lost an additional 10 kgs!! What the hey. But my friend's rather eccentric. She is a highly intelligent woman and very independent but she does things in a manner people don't understand. She is a very determined girl but like I said, she is very eccentric. Then now besides trying to lose huge masses of weight, and being successful at it, she is also embarking on yet another of her drama moment. She will be off social contact for the next 10 months. That means, no communications with her friends whatsoever whether through facebook, email, instant messaging for 10 whole freaking months. Loco? Well, you be the judge.

Well, sometimes her experiment works like her recent weight loss. It's not something new to her. She used to slim down a lot through extreme dieting, she claimed that it was very healthy (I thought it was miserable..like munching on raw vegetables). Now she incorporates gym and eating healthily but her incredible weight loss..I kinda think she took several steps further like she always does. 


I envy her but I don't want to be so miserable. Im already miserable enough missing all the good food in life which are sinful because I've had enough of them as I grew up eating them but not enough of the food that actually contributes to my overall good well being. But I know where to strike a balance so you can still see me chomping on fried food once in awhile..haha.


Sometimes the oddest thing when I go to the gym is when I thought one or two of the hot guys are checking me out..heh..so funny. I know I said this a couple of times and you are probably thinking that I am delusional coz I totally do not have the hot factor when I am in the gym. I know Im not already but maybe there's a smidgen of it but in the gym? Out the window especially when my hair looks like crap and with sweaty armpits, I turn myself off..haha. Like just now when I walked over to this exercise machine to do  pull ups with my arms, this buffed looking guy, with not an ounce of body fat :S, rather small but lean just suddenly came from nowhere to use the same machine too. But he was gracious and let me use first though technically, I thought I reached first. 


Then later, after I used the rowing machine and went to the bag area to drink my 100 plus which is also my saviour from fainting spells, he was on that same machine again exercising his arm but I didn't take notice of him. Instead, as I was drinking, I was also observing a couple of guys from across the room at the weight area flexing their biceps and comparing to one another. I didn't know I was being observed too by that guy on that machine. It was only when I turned my head a bit, still sipping with my bloated cheeks as i was taking some time drinking it, that I realised he was looking. Then as I packed my things and then had my weight checked, I went to the ladies to take a shower and as I was walking there, I bumped into him again and I think he just had a drink at the water cooler machine. I was just walking straight but us girls got the ability to judge if a guy is checking us out even without making eye contact with the person..hehe. I thought he was looking at me but I was too shy to look at him back.


I mean I look at people all the time especially when they're not looking at me so it would be less awkward and maybe it wasn't an exception to him too. I was looking straight so he was just taking the opportunity to look at me, that is all. It's not like he was interested or something. Need I remind you..I was very sloppily dressed in my pink 'I love Geeks' t shirt looking rather sweaty and unkempt. Plus we're talking about a guy as a lean machine here. Me, in comparison to him, is like comparing erm...a godzilla and a monkey. Worlds apart. I cannot imagine him wanting to get to know me because I don't look fit at all compared to him. Judging from my physique, I look like Im obviously there to lose weight unlike all the other fit girls with equally fit boyfriends it tow. Unless he's into godzillas.


People say opposites attract. I don't mind  personality wise but ah..size wise?! I will be the one looking fatter than him and imagine my misery :( and I will even be more miserable if I end up tagging along in one of his fitness regime escapades like God forbids, running a marathon. Hell no!


I don't mind being friends with them, really. Who knows I will lose weight even faster so I don't look as fat when I stand beside them..whahaha! 


Oh well, whatever. A love life is not what I am aiming for. I just want to concentrate losing some weight this month and it's going to be a difficult journey for me because Im not like my friend who can be very focused. I can as focused as her but it's too much hard work..haha. I suppose if I can be just as focused as last week, I think I will be on the right track as it helped to get rid of the bloated feeling and I thought I did feel lighter despite not going to the gym for two weeks and then eating quite a lot over the last weekend. 


I don't diet. What I simply did was to stick to eating wholemeal bread for both breakfast and lunch and then snacking on apples and drinking ribena water when I felt hungry. But I do add variety at times like maybe eating a bun which I have packed and also munching on biscuits. Oh, and controlling my snacking which is one of the most difficult things to do but I have managed over the years. You've heard of reformed shopaholics but a reformed serial snacker? I tried to refrain myself from snacking especially after work when I get extremely hungry but it's also to save money because I know at times, my mum will prepare dinner which is normally a healthy fare.


At first I had problems forgoing snacks after work which gave me rather painful stomach cramps but later on, I got used to not eating. I felt that I couldn't cut out snacking after work altogether so what I do is just to eat a simple snack like maybe a plain waffle or a soya pancake on alternate days. For example, if I eat on Monday then on Tuesday and Wednesday, I don't eat such snacks unless my mum confirms that she doesn't want to cook and wants me to buy packed food which I will only eat very few bites coz they're not my packed food but my family's. I usually don't buy for myself.

Im trying to kill two birds with one stone. I have decided to stop buying clothes for now even though it's seriously tempting to get that orange dress from cotton on which is selling at only 10 bucks! Yes, Im totally screaming but i think enough is enough in terms of buying new clothes. However, if I manage to lose 2kgs, I may buy for myself a little something like a new piece of clothing but of course, it should be cheap also lah. So in other words, lose weight, get rewarded. Whoohoo!!


Well, sometimes we need to get motivated in life...haha.





follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts