Best Gifts in Life

So much for planning. I tell ya, I can plan and plan but when the money comes in, I forget. I was supposed to put back $50 into this pouch which I have reserved to return to a friend. But dunno how and why or what, I think I believed I had 'extra' money when my brother received his maintenance money and then spent it on the family instead.

I just realized it when my brain jolted me out of nowhere. But I see how it goes. I have to do one last planning before my pay finally comes in next Tuesday. Anyway, just two days ago, I paid for the tv license. It was supposed to be on the Sept 30th but geez, somehow it slipped my mind. Lucky thing I was still able to pay for it few days after the deadline without being imposed the late penalty fine. Hrm..but come to think of it, I think the money which I forgot to put back into the pouch, I just treat it as paying for the tv license and then I'll pay back using my own salary.


Anyway, my friend is right. I can't afford to buy things here and there like my other friends or colleagues because of my commitment to the family. But of course, it doesn't mean I don't treat myself at all. I've already decided, as in my last blog post, that if I were to settle on to something, it is better to get something of good quality and paying a bit more. It's like buying the ultimate Guess bag. Still, there is always plan b which is buying a bag or even a pair of shoes from Charles and Keith if somehow, lo and behold bills come aplenty.


Im still on a shopping ban for the entire month because life is not just about getting newer tops, shoes and bags. It's more than that and also until I get my finances sorted out for emergency and that I have extra spare cash to spend. No moolah = No shopping.

Oh speaking of which, I want to thank my lucky star, or in this case Facebook. It's because of Facebook I received some gifts which I didn't expect to get but like I said, thanking my lucky star, I got them! I updated my facebook saying how I actually used my brother's old unused paint brushes for make up and I also lament about how I didn't manage to get a $9 bag for a steal during a bata sales because of my self imposed shopping ban and then someone else swooped in for the kill. The lady simply refused to put down and me, being an idiot, was just hanging around there hoping she would put it back down and of course, she didn't coz it was a freakin' steal. Come to think of it, when I kept looking at the bag, I realised that it wasn't that nice and that I should stick to the master game plan of getting something of good quality and looks even better. It doesn't have to be branded but simply gorgeous on its own without looking cheap or tacky.


But the story didn't end there. Hinting at my despair as I updated on my facebook, a kind teacher gave me a much better looking brand new bag to me. The thing is, she got it from her father in law who got the bag via a lucky draw. He gave it to her because he thought why would he want a lady bag for. But then the teacher thought that it would be better for a younger woman and after reading my status update, she thought hey I seem to be a better person to own the bag.


Thank u so much!!! I wish I could post up the picture but it's so late now that well, I just leave it to your imagination as to how the bag looks like. I can only say it's patented shiny, just like how I like it, has nice wavy patterns, pretty big in A4 size and has the popular metal chains as handles. My only grouch is that it has this strap on one of the chains which is supposedly added comfort when you sling the bag on your shoulders. I couldn't take it out so I had no choice but to leave it on. Im quite picky about things lah generally but when people give me things, I will take it. Never turn away a gift..haha.


Oh, did I tell ya I also received a pair of dangly white pearl earrings as birthday gifts too? Since I haven't been posting pictures recently, perhaps later on in the day I will post these pics up, eh? You know, like what people say, spice things up a bit.


I treasure such nice gifts because they come from the heart. Plus, I don't have a boyfriend who showers me with gifts every now and then..haha. I know this may sound cliche but the most important thing for me is that people do care about me. I know I can be rather eccentric at times and that I may be kinda quiet like it's quite difficult to get me talking like a train but they accept my quirks. The best things to hear is how nice I am and how special I am as a friend to them. I don't have a wide social circle because of my naturally quiet nature but Im truly blessed to know that those friends that I have, they really care for me and that's all it matters and not the gifts that I receive from them. That is just a bonus because God knows how much I need proper make up brushes to do up my face..haha.



follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts