My Guide on How to be Stylish

I've always grimaced on how tough it is to be a young woman because it takes so much effort to look..er..flawless. But then, when I think about it, that's not always true. I can afford to look more stylish and more feminine and eventually a head turner by taking good care of my appearance. You don't have to be rich and beautiful or have a fab model like figure in order to look good. Being stylish will be a great confidence booster no matter what body shape you are. What you need to do is basically play up your great features and tone down those not so great ones. 


So when you get used to it, being stylish doesn't have to be a tough and expensive routine. Im going to do a blog post special today by giving some well meaning tips to help you on the way to become more stylish :) the Rahayupopz way..hehe...

  • Know the general proportions of your body. I know I can never have a model's body and it's a hard fact to swallow. Unless I am willing to spend a fortune, then I just have to live with it. For example, being slightly more on the full figure side, I don't like too many details on my blouse like bows and a clutter of embellishments. A simple design works fine for me. I don't have small thighs either so wearing a mini skirt is a no no for me. I have to wear an A like skirt where it will flare slightly at the end.
  • Invest in a good pair of stylish looking sandals that do not put a strain to your feet. I know wearing high heels is a great instant confidence booster and I support that. But you don't have to torture your feet by wearing such high heels on a daily basis. Alternate it with a simple pair of sandals that don't go wrong with any outfit or get a pair of shoes with low heels that do not put a strain to your back coz you have to think long term in terms of health.
  • Don't spend unnecessarily especially during sales. Chances are, you won't be saving at all in the long run when whatever you buy, gets chucked into some corner of your wardrobe. Get a clear picture of what you want by taking a good hard look on what you plan to buy and see if you can get a mileage out of it such as whether you will wear it often enough or it can be paired with other pieces in your wardrobe. For example, I got this pink coloured cardigan for just $10 and it goes well with many other of my outfit.
  • That said, know your wardrobe inside out. Chances are, you may end up buying something similar or worse, the exact same piece. My colleague got a blouse and then realised she has the exact same one in the exact same colour in her wardrobe. In the end, she gave it to me although she made a loss. Another reason is that you need to know what goes well for you and what does not. Trust me, going from size 10 to size 0 can be wishful thinking so you better get rid of the outfit that promises to be there for you when you lose so much of weight because chances are, you wait long long for it. By knowing your wardrobe, you can get an idea of what you plan to get in your next shopping trip. Like for me, my next shopping need is to get a chiffon babydoll dress. By knowing what I want to get, I don't end up with unnecessary purchase and my money is more well spent.
  • You can always go online to check out the current trends and borrow recent fashion magazines from library. Don't get those outfit that are trendy now but few months down the road, it won't be trendy anymore. If you seriously want to be in trend, then at least buy one that does not burn a hole in your pocket by getting the cheaper alternatives.
  • Don't follow the trends blindly! Not all styles are for us. I know we must have an attitude that says we don't give a frack about what people say so we can jolly wear whatever we want. But at least, do it in good taste. Like for God's sake, don't wear a pair of translucent leggings with a short blouse and then the whole world can see your black underwear! Then, if you have a heavy top, please don't wear a blouse that is so tight that your boobs are literally pouring out at the top. Have a sense of decency too. 
  • Being stylish doesn't always have to come from your outfit but your overall appearance. If you don't have time for heavy make up, adopt a 5 minute routine for a clean looking make up that is meant to highlight your features while hiding your flaws. Your eyebrows must be neat and tidy and coloured in so that they will look nice and even. A good moisturizer is a must and apply just a bit on your face if you have oily skin. Concealer is also useful to cover up those dark spots or acne. My best bet is to get a tinted moisturizer that will give your skin a nice translucent look and it is also a time saver. Basically it's a two in one. A moisturizer with a tint of foundation.
  • Adopt a healthier lifestyle. Personally, I feel that you are what you eat. When you look better, you feel better and you dress better as you get to expand your wardrobe choices. But please don't starve yourself just so that you can get into a smaller size.
  • Get a new hairstyle for a fresh appearance! It will make a great difference to your whole appearance.
I can go on and on but that's the gist of it. Go online to find other great articles on how to be stylish on a budget because I don't believe you need to spend a fortune just to look stylish. Can read more on this in the following link. GOOD LUCK!

How to be Stylish




follow me at http://twitter.com/rahayupopz

Comments

Popular Posts