Reborn Sims 2 Addict

Would you believe I just deleted the last post that I painstakingly typed at almost 3am in the morning. Yes, I am of the insomniac generation although my brother and mum begged to differ coz I cant keep my eyes open at 11pm ish. Just..gotta..take..that midnight nap!

Well, half the time I didnt know what I was writing. I was talking about my regular lunch menu which, uhm..consists of nestum and wholemeal bread. Yes very the healthy but if you times that by 5, now you tell me if it sounds anymore healthier to you!! Basically, it's not coz I want to self torture myself (hrm...) but in short, it's for health and budget reason.

It's one of those crazy things I do because I hate the fact that I am sitting down at work and not travelling around for work. I have long not gone to the gym too ever since I had to pay for gym entrance now compared to the free and easy gym at my previous workplace. I know it's only a freaking 2.50 but then, you have no idea how frugal I can be.

Oh, in terms of budget, I would say that I just wanted to spare some cash to buy some snacks for my mum and my brother because both will anticipate I buy something for them when I get home from work. The amount I spend on them is like buying myself a pack of lunch, and even slightly more if you consider the cheaper lunch alternatives such as canteen food.

It's causing a dent in my budget so it's either them or me if I want to try to save costs somewhere somehow. Furthermore my mum is very very very temperamental now and she will throw a hissing fit if she's hungry or I didnt get her the food that she wanted. Like few days ago, she had already consumed nasi lemak late evening and then about 8.30 ish at night she had this craving to eat prata and I was like..huh..just ate food what..and I was feeling too lazy to go out and buy coz I didnt feel like I should give in to all her weird 'food cravings'. Then dunno what she was rambling non stop in the living room for gawd knows how long while I just concentrated on surfing the net. I know amidst her rambles was the fact that if we have money, she can get whatever food she wanted.

So that's my two cents worth on my choice of eating such bleh lunch. Well at least on the plus side, I did sorta 'cheat' a bit like buying a prepackaged thick slices of chocolate cake that costs about 1.50 only and ate them for breakfast for two days. Rahayu needs variety! Plus she's a born foodie so no point holding her back for so long! Im sure even the healthiest of the nuts cheat too from the usual healthy living lifestyle.

But talking about food, Mariah prepared lunch for me! So besides the usual brew of hot plain tea (a.k.a teh-O) prepared in a bottle for me daily by mum, today I brought lunch which Mariah had packed for me yesterday.

People must really love me.. :D

or rather take pity on me.. :/

Anyhoo, let's talk gaming!! Okay forgive my unusual frustrating rant yesterday on not getting the points that I wanted (Read:Maximum number of neopoints awarded). You have no idea that what you read from previous post was just half of my delusional rantings. I was this close to pulling my hair and smashing my laptop on the floor.

The ironic thing was that I managed to score the full 3000 neopoints for my brother coz they locked me out of my account and I could not play until an hour later. And when I finally can play, my fingers fell asleep!

But patience has its virtue (or whatever left of my swollen pride after the failure). Since my laptop was in a good mood, I decided to uhm..reinstall my beloved Sims 2. I am SO into this game...or rather used too..before my laptop crashed and I was so unhappy that the expansion packs just keep on being produced while I felt so stuck at my current collections, which I must say, not to show off or anything, is pretty extensive. Hey, at least it's way cheaper than those darn xbox games, k?

I am seriously crossing my fingers and toes that I will get my bonus next month even if it is pro-rated since I just joined the ministry in March this year. And this time, I am not going to wait. I am definitely going to do something about that stupid graphics card!!!

Oh back to the game. It installed successfully and I can play on it successfully without any glitches as well!!! Even though it's the basics of the basics, a.k.a minus all the other expansion packs, which is seriously a little bit underwhelming for an..ahem..advanced player like me, it is still better than nothing. Im trying to just get the hang of it first (like as if I need to) and then slooowly build it up. But if goes well, the next expansion pack that I should install is the nightlife expansion pack.

I can tell u that it is DA best among expansion packs coz..pft..the downtown area looks spiffy...they have cars..the best places to dine and shop...almost like living a beverly hills sorta life. Nothing comes close to this expansion pack especially that snooze worthy university life. It's the only expansion pack that I HAVE to play on extremely fast mode because it's that boring. The only highlight? Someone streaking at the campus where the bits will get blurred. Well it's not college life without some weirdos!

So if you're keen in building yourself a virtual alternate life, or just make the Sims procreate and watch the babies grow up, marry, get old, and *sniff* die (or become ghosts later)...jump on the bandwagon! Even non gamers can get the hang of it after a certain time.

If that doesnt make you see the go ahead to get this game,let me tell you that you get to play cupid and make them kiss and do some..well...they call it 'woohoo' which is self explanatory.

Cant wait to go home and expand my virtual family!

I forsee more sleepless nights..


The one and only,

post signature

Comments

Popular Posts