I heart Travis

Im over the moon that Travis, the Scottish band is coming to Singapore for the Singfest in August! Arg! Tickets on the 1st day of sales going at 150 which is super affordable if you consider the other acts that are coming like Alicia Keys and...get this...ONE REPUBLIC!!! *scream*.

But rahayu being the scrooge...may not be able to catch Travis live and based on the newspaper article, it is their second time here. One of those 'off' moments I wish I have a boyfriend who is willing to fork out the money to show how much he loves me and it will be the perfect date. That or I wish I have enough savings to get me the ticket AND a friend (possibly a victim..like Mariah) to go to the Singfest.

Isnt it enough I dedicate this current blogskin to Travis's hit single 'Why does it always rain on me?' which leads to......

WHY DOES IT ALWAYS RAIN ON ME!!!!

*groans*

Yesterday I was reading this article in Readers' Digest on happiness and it was pretty interesting because it presented two opposing viewpoints. One of the things I remembered was that you need to smile in order to 'cheer up' a bad day as it will somehow alter your mood. But the other viewpoint was that you need to show emotions like anger and unhappiness instead of 'pretending' that everything is alright because that is not going to solve the problem. Might as well just get over the emotions and start doing something.

I dont know if I summarise the article correctly but based on my understanding, yup, that's the gist of it. It's a very well written article and I probably would do a pretty thorough write-up on it (anything to fill up the time). For myself, I would agree with the opposing viewpoint though. I mean it's better to do something to bring you that much needed happiness, however the temporary the solution may be, rather than just smile and not do anything. It's like saying...'well...i just leave it fate ah!' Might as well just sit down at one corner and wait for the  phase to be over.

Then again, a smile wouldnt hurt either just to tell yourself, 'hey it's okay..it will get better' and then start racking your brain for the solutions. Either way, you dont expect happiness to be handed to you on a silver platter. Work at it, hunny..work!

Comments

Popular Posts