Anticipated Trip

Im quite bummed that Van Hansis didnt win the trophy from the Daytime Emmys. And other fans of his are pretty disappointed as well especially for those that have been following his character's storylines for quite a long time.

Anyway, maybe the next time he would win? Or when he's less dramatic? Or when his character finally stops being a whiner? Hey, endless possibilities even though he wont be able to compete in the same category again because he is no longer 'young' so he will have to be in the other category meant for the more matured actors.

But im sure he can get by that quite easily so long as the storywriters continue to write great stuffs and he continue to be one sporting actor who does not shy away from controversial storylines. I just think that if the hair stylist stops messing with his hair a lot only coz it's longer than the rest and therefore stylable, it may lead people to pay more attention to his acting rather than thinking..'oh,my.gawd! what kind of hairstyle is that?!'

June is coming to an end...or more specifically, today is the last day which also signifies that half the year has gone. Gasp! Time flies, eh? Dont get me started on my lame joke on what happen if you throw a clock out of the window. Those were the days eh when you read those joke books? Riiiiteee. Oh! And maybe I will be going for my first trip after donkey years...overseas! Actually, if you count Sentosa which is an island off Singapore, it still counts as overseas though.

I have a problem with the earlier idea of going to Johor. I do not have a passport because my mum doesnt allow and then also because going overseas mean that I have to spend money and based on my income and family expenditure, it is beyond my means. But giving in to pressure from friends and former colleagues for the longest time, I do not want to disappoint them even though given a choice, I would rather not make a passport. It's like trying to drag me out of bed or like how my mum did, yell from infront of the living room at 12 noon to ask me to wake up.

You feel forced to wake up and would rather sleep through till, say...1pm. But sometimes, a little bit of change can work wonders for your soul (even though it wouldnt kill to sleep for another hour). So hey, for the sake of experiencing something new, why not? Of course another matter is the $$ and while I can choose to use a slight bit of my salary to pay for my expenses in Johor, I have to come up with money to make a new passport. And with the bills and other extras that I have to pay off, I am not too sure if I can still have a bit of spare cash.

But Im sure I will figure it out somehow.

On another unrelated news, a Malay couple was robbed in broad daylight outside City Square in Johore. They were robbed of $10, 000 worth of cash and jewelleries. Not so much on the cash side coz he had $80 in his wallet. But still, we're talking about almost $10,000 worth of jewellery!!!

Diamond ring...gold necklace...bangles....all of them, stolen! Though it was very suprising that they can be robbed at a time when many people were walking around, the even more surprising revelation was why the heck they carried jeweleries worth that much?! It's like digging your own grave!

When asked by the reporter why they carried so much jewelleries, they replied that they were on a special visit where they had not seen their relatives for the last 8 years. So, like what now....they want to tell their long lost relatives that they are leading a comfortable lifestyle in Singapore and that the last 8 years, they amassed this much of wealth and therefore it is appropriate to do a bit of show and tell?! I thought not seeing your relatives in that long period of time means catching up and not catching up with the number of jewellery pieces. Gosh. I guess the robbers were smart. Who would actually carry such expensive jewelleries except us naive Singaporeans eh?

No thanks to them, now probably many Singaporeans fear for their lives when they go to Johore especially for those who frequent there since the things there are cheaper than Singapore based on the currency rate. Look, everywhere you go, it's better to be safe than sorry. So please do not act like you're some VIP or something when visiting a foreign country no matter how near it is to our home country because when we Singaporeans go overseas, it can be so darn obvious sometimes.

It's so sad when I see the people of my own race unable to portray themselves as individuals. For example, the teenagers. Almost every Malay teenager talks and behaves like some other teenagers in order to fit in. The Malay young and stylish mothers want to look like other young stylish mothers by dressing up the same or getting themselves the same expensive stuffs. The aunties do not want be outdone by the other aunties at the malay weddings when it comes to jewellery. But still, other races have their own unique flaws so Im not pinpointing specifically at my race.

Then again, despite the minor squabbles and pinpointing at one another, I must say that we're pretty much a racial intergrated country. Unfortunately, the kiasuism nature (wanting to be the best no matter what) is still very loud and clear in all the races. Yup, we're definitely one people..one Singapore.


post signature

Comments

Popular Posts