Old is Gold

When my laptop doesnt screw up on me, I am able to use the laptop better than my old pc because..duh..it runs faster...but old is always goodie though it frustrates me when it has the tendency to hang. So just now, when the laptop was on one of its erratic mood swings where it worked perfectly fine, I had the chance to use the photoshop CS2. And it was great coz I had been drifting on the internet to look out for nice downloadable stuffs for my photoshop 7.0 which works fine in safe mode but unfortunately, times have changed and people are mostly putting up stuffs for the newer versions of photoshop.

So sighz, since CS2 doesnt work on safe mode, I have to just copy, paste, crop, delete using magic wand, erase..etc etc etc...and with that you can easily conclude how much EASIER Cs2 is compared to the older versions. Nevertheless, whether is it old or new, I aim to improve on my graphics skills and embrace it instead of being merely 'touch and go' on it.

I mean, basically, that kinda sums up my attitude towards my interests in general. I cant say I have a definite interest or hobby that I pour my heart and soul into because generally, I like diversity. I dont see myself pigeon holed into one though it may give people the impression that I am some sort of jane of all trades but master of none.

Sometimes, I am amazed by how much time and effort people put in to perfect their skills and they just dont stop learning. Like for example, if they are into photography, they practise and practise and often ask questions to the professionals and get tips just so that they can become better. For me, I study other people's work and try to incorporate them in my designs and if you see these designs differ from one another, they are mainly coz they are inspired by different designers. But along the way, I develop certain trademark that basically spells out 'uniquely me' just like how a photographer's trademark could be she likes to take shots of people up close for that more personal touch.

Still, I refer myself as someone who gets bored easily with just one hobby so one moment you can see me indulge (and become obsessed) over certain tv series and then later, I find myself not even completing watching half of the season. It's one of my flaws ah...like I lack the 'commitment' to pursue the interest. But of course it is all in the mind and I can push myself to commit if I have to. Case in point..CSI:Miami. I never get tired of it (unless I watched the reruns for the third time and counting).

Sometimes I sheepishly wonder how my love life will be. Will I get bored after seeing him week after week? What if I am into vertically challenged guys at one point and then the next time, I want someone who is preferably six foot tall?! Trust me, it will be a definite case of 'I want to get out of this relationship!!'

But nevermind, there can be 101 reasons why Im still dateless and I hope among those reasons, sheer laziness and inability to focus on certain niche interests are not in there. Well pfft..it could be coz guys generally think that Im too good for them or that some of them feel rather inadequate when with me..in terms of height. See....never ever blame yourself for the lack of lurrveee in your life if you're a swinging single like me. Not even when you are a master of no trades or queen of procrastination...much like..er...me too.

Dont mind me..all of the above are just mindless rambles except the part where Im jumping for joy in my heart that my laptop is working even for awhile just to let me explore the almost new software. It's after 3 am in the morning and I have yet to give up missing the opportunity when my laptop is in one of its seldom good mood.

I will definitely blog better using my old PC. Told ya...old..is gold.




The one and only,

post signature

Comments

Popular Posts