Good Morning Dilemma

What a morning. About half an hour after arriving to work, I saw the Principal coming down the stairways and I was like..'gasp!' and actually looked at him and about to greet him as he was climbing down. But suddenly, as if on cue, one by one my colleague was greeting him with an audible 'Good morning Brother!' and i was like..'should I? or should I not?!' And then when he finally came down the stairs, he started asking where my Operations Manager was...calling out my Admin Manager out...and Rahayu (that's me) felt like a stupid idiot and then thinking..'thats it ah..I am SO going to get blacklisted' for not greeting him properly because I was still in a state of shock. I know that he's a pretty strict disciplinarian but it was some serious shit hearing them wishing him so loudly as if they have been trained to do so. Frankly speaking, it was a culture shock to me because among ourselves we dont even wish one another like that.

Yes we're very unfriendly people...haha..ok, not really.

Anyway it's too late to turn back the time anyway so now that I know, I would not be so jammed up the next time and greet him with a loud 'GOOD MORNING BROTHER!!' (In case u're wondering why we call him Brother, that's because he is a Catholic priest).

Oh well.

Today I didnt have a good chat session with Mariah at work online (I mean it's not as if we do a full blown out kind of chat previously either) but it was so sporadic coz I was living in fear. And the fact that my colleague behind me was on course, my VP would make a stopover there...my admin manager (a.k.a direct reporting boss), and *gasp* even my Principal for awhile there! Anyway God is great. Since I didnt have eyes behind my back, somehow the times when I was not opening up the MSN chat box, they were directly behind me or walking around the office.

And can they please shift that stupid trophy sitting on the cupboard behind me!! Do you have any idea how many freaking times I mistook that trophy for someone standing behind me just now?! Made me turn back unnecessarily you know..like as if a ghost was watching me! I was practically living in fear today!

Gosh...

Anyway you know what. I dont really care ah anymore. Even though he's the head of the school, I dont report directly to him so when it comes to work conduct such as the appraisal which is a mid year and end of year work review, it will be my admin manager. But that doesnt mean I would treat him with less respect or something ah. Just..remember to greet him the next time..haha.

So much for that, anyway ever since school started for the boys and that the primary one registration is coming up, calls have been increasing lately. If there is one thing that I can tell these parents of our school's future students is, go read the MOE website! Cut my job load by half. Im fine if they want to make enquiries based on what they read or find out information about our school since some of the information wont be available on either the school or the ministry's website.

But seriously, things like the dates of registrations, documents to bring, the time to register...there is another thing called the handy dandy pamplet given out to the preschoolers by their kindergartens and child care centres. Sigh....

Anyway, rahayu will always be at your service whether she's answering emails from the public or whoever calls.
Even when she's munching on a biscuit while doing so which makes her voice sound inaudible.

Uhm but today I was too lazy busy to look up for information in order to answer the email enquiries. What to do, I got my 'slackeroo' moments too.

Oh! Nevertheless in between work as well, I had to fill up this questionairre sent to me by toxic's future employer in order to find out more about her. I was one of her two referrals but even though she informed them that I was a friend, they gave me some sorta generic questionaire asking me about her past employment and I was like..'what the heck?!' and her resume did not contain enough information for me so it was not helping at all.

The only question she was taken aback was when one of the questions asked about her weaknesses. I asked toxic what was her weaknesses and she could not think of any. Well if she actually bothered to do some research online about the sort of questions employers would ask, this would be one of the common questions. They are not trying to penalise you but they just want to find out how you go about overcoming your weakness for the benefit of your work. In fact I was even asked such question before.

Anyway I managed to finish the questionaire and even though she already signed the letter of appointment (which actually defeats the purpose of them asking for character referees), her employment depends on those questionaires. The other one who would be answering will be her professor. But actually, if you ask me, toxic should have asked her past employers instead because, they after all, know better about her past work experience.

So good luck with her. Im also crossing my fingers as well because Im counting on it so that I dont get bugged too often or my Wednesday will be gone coz out of nowhere, she declared that we'll meet on this day every single week. And the 'best' thing was she said I agree to it because I will be free. HUH?! WHAT?! WHERE?!! *shudders* Was I drinking at that time?!

Not Wednesdays. My CSI:Miami is coming back next week!! And since I am also watching Pushing Daisies now on Sundays which start at 10.30pm, it will cut through the repeats at 11pm which used to be the usual timing that I catch the show since it was hard to watch it on Wednesdays.

Well, I think I will try to wiggle my way out of this situation for the sake of David..I mean..CSI:Miami. It has got to be! I cant compromise my loyalty towards that show! Who cares about friendship! Oh, that reminds me. I should start to read the episode recaps of Season 6 so I would be less of a dumbo when I watch them later. But you know what? Just like Supernatural where halfway through Season 2 I stopped reading the recaps and just went ahead watching the show not expecting to see what I had read about, it was not so bad. I mean if you're already used to the way they carry out the investigations and how they nab the bad guys (or evil spirits in the case of Supernatural), more or less you wont be so lost.

It wouldnt kill either to put on your thinking cap and start guessing who is the killer or mastermind. Plus at times, it's quite obvious. Just expect the unexpected. Of course it will be a bummer if you guess it wrongly too.

Sidetracking here, I signed another petition. Actually it's just some petition to bring back a mayo ad that was taken off the airwaves because some 200 people (out of the millions in UK..go figure) were unhappy about it.

If they want to talk about moral values or teaching children the 'wrong' things, please lah...what makes them think these children will somehow be blind to what is going on around them. This world is not filled with cotton candies and butterflies only.

They will know that amidst the good, there is evil and amidst those that are deemed to be normal, there are those that may raise questions. They just have to learn to make intelligent judgments rather than brainwashing them with the untrue fact that our world is so damn perfect.

So bring back the mayo ad!

Besides, a burger tastes bland without mayo.

post signature

Comments

Popular Posts