Skip to main content

Kooky Eater

It has been quite a while since I last blogged. Well Im still in one piece, dodged a few bullets here and there, seen the rainbow, watched a few people passing by me while lugging their trolleys with the brand new printers bought from the PC Show (curse u money loaded people!!), listened to old classic music (amidst former punk band..Blink 182..heh) and playing neopets.

Okay, let's say my obssession with neopets has gone a little too far...

how far? eh.....kooky far? well....somewhere around that region that apparently she has forgotten she has a life, not that she does much anyway. But hey, at least I managed to clean my room after living amidst a mess for the last few days.

Speaking of mess, my life has been quite messed up recently which I kinda tried to 'rectify' by a sudden binge of food. I would say that it was not as bad my previous 'binge moments' because the matter was resolved quite quickly but unfortunately, I cant say the same for my appetite. Another funny thing is that I dont usually feel so guilt wrecked whenever I have these moments because basically, I get to eat those sorta food that I dont normally consume coz of their unhealthiness. But I guess coz I didnt eat them for the longest time, I had trouble eating them and there were times I felt that I was forcing myself to eat them. I was going through a rough patch (what's new) so I was pretty much imbalanced emotionally.

Still, I held on strong and had some help which made things better. Starting from this Monday, I would have to go back to my regular lunch of oatmeal and bread because I think my tummy has taken quite a beating recently with the forced eating sessions. No more nestum though coz it doesnt taste as nice as it used to taste back then when I was younger. Infact, a lot of things dont taste as nice nowadays like for instance, instant noodles. Because of Singaporeans' growing need to lead a more healthier lifestyle (yeah..pft..right), and yet they want to eat with less guilt, even instant noodles have the healthy symbol attached, well at least the more popular brands.

Even though I begged to differ that they are healthier now because instant noodles can never be healthy so pls people, wake up, it wouldnt kill to eat them once in awhile. But the taste factor has apparently gone down the drain. I tell you, it's like eating boiled noodles with water with a slight bit taste of seasoning. Nothing beats the real deal. Or at least instant noodles prior to obtaining the healthier symbol.

Okay, enough about food. I saw this really cool promo yesterday in Orchard Road of a poster that resembled that of escaped suspected terrorist (well..you know who..the face that is plastered everywhere but still no news yet as to his whereabouts). Of course it brought about strange curiosity like eh, got another escaped convict? But upon closer inspection, there was no mistaking who that was:






















If you read my blog previously, I put up a trailer of Dexter in his morning routine. Okay, just a quick info about the show. In America, the second season just ended. Now you see Dexter (Michael C Hall of Six Feet Under fame) above all smiley like in a twisted sort of way. But he is a cold blooded serial killer with absolutely no feeling of sympathy for his would be victims. His relationships with people are basically created as a cover up. By day, he is a blood splatter analyst but at night, he is a serial killer with a penchant for using tools like plastic bags to kill these victims. But these are not regular people but those of whom he believed deserved to be killed.

As usual, you can read a more extensive coverage of Dexter on this wiki site:

Dexter

I tried to find out which channel they are going to show Dexter because I didnt manage to read the promo. Well, my search has not ended but Im still thinking on whether I want to watch it coz of the gruesomeness. Then again, Michael is an excellent and daring actor who does not flinch in his roles making them so real.

So for Michael's sake..I might just *gulp* catch an episode of it.

Gosh, there is so much to blog but I feel so emotionally drained out. Well at least it's still a decent entry.


The one and only,

post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Step at A Time

Hello there It has been a while, right? I used to treat this blog as a place for me to rant, talk about nonsensical things and interests that, when I think back about it, were pretty cringeworthy. But it was part of the process of me growing up and navigating through my life which is full of ups and downs, just like the tidal waves. I still need a form of outlet to write out my thoughts and I have been journaling for the last few years. At first, I was still writing nonsense, or simply writing about how my day went, but I try to make it a more conscious journalling where I will write about things that I can take lessons from or to reflect on. So how has life been for me? Well, I no longer am running an online shop where I used to do customised cards and then just specializing in box cards. I do want to have an online business, preferably one I don't have to travel to meet people.  If you read my last post about being zen, I think I have 'tripled' the amount of zen inside of...

Listen to Me

It kinda irks me when I am trying to express an opinion or sharing a piece of knowledge but it's met with strong objection or Im being cut half way before I even finished. I mean...come on...does it hurt to actually listen first, doesnt matter if u agree or not? Yes I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it's frustrating because I feel like a sore loser. That sort of conversation is actually begging to be turned into some huge argument if I am equally annoying and equally strong headed as well. But I dont want to do that especially if they are my friends. Then again, I am subjected to being called a wimp or somebody who cant stand up strong against what she believes in or her own opinions. That will sorta give the person a sense of pride for getting a landslide victory. At first I used to think that hey, maybe the person has a point and I am wrong. But come to think of it, that's bull! It's one thing not to argue and another thing to let ur own opinions b...

Not Gone from Good

Life hasn't been good lately especially in the last two weeks. The latest news is that it seems that almost everyone has an increase in their pay due to changes in the civil servant wage scale and very unfortunately, my group didn't get it. So my boss, whose post is that of a manager and the operations manager, have quite a significant salary rise.  I heard she got a 10% pay rise. 10%!!! look, even the attendants got a pay rise. What we got? nada! zilch! Why? Because apparently our salary is of a competitive range. Sigh, such is the unfairness of life. I'm already struggling as it is and then apparently now, the rich has become richer. The poor remains nothing but a destitute mess. So I guess the only chance for a pay rise is for me to be promoted and though I do not know how much pay rise will that be, at least it is going to be slightly better. The problem is that I have no clue when I will get promoted. I am not one of those people with many super ideas that will great...