Unconventional Beauty?

Something new. I do wanna let you know about some things that happen..when I get the hair out of my face..hee. What does that mean? When my unruly hair doesnt dominate my face. I dont consider myself as pretty..coz Im hopeless at maintaining a beauty regime so I dont have a face so flawless you can make a drawing board out of it. Or a mirror. Plus when I have acne or pimples..the scars take yonks to recover. BUT! When Im feeling happy, my face just flush up with redness and enthusiasm coz I get to be away from problems even for awhile. It kinda makes me feel and look youthful.

Last year..which was mere days ago, I experimented with growing out my hair. It wasnt something that I foresee as something permanent but eveyr year, I kinda do something 'different' towards my image and if people notice it, good..if they dont, they're probably blind. It was an experience alright..and I had lotsa difficulties maintaining it..but if my hair was well behaved, I thought I was going to have it forever and ever. Yeah right.

So, initially I was talking about what were the things that happened to me which I was thought was pretty 'unusual' but nevertheles..still something. Uhm, I mean guys look at girls right? Thats the norm..unless they're gay. I noticed that when my hair was let down..almost all the time..no guy looked at me. Like come on, I thought guys like girls with long hair! Maybe mine's not silky..so thats another story..heh. Well after a Sentosa trip, my friends and I went to Vivo for awhile and we heard music which turned out to be this sound test that they were doing for this countdown. I hardly tie up my hair but when I did during the whole of that trip, they thought I looked better and more youthful. Plus, being in the company of good friends made me feel all happy and joyous. Anyway, I was just there.....looking and there was this Chinese guy leaning over a barricade to also look at them from a distance doing a sound test. He turned back coz I guessed we made a mini commotion..hehe..and then he looked at me. Then I noticed he looked back at the stage and then he turned back again to look again..at me up and down..for like few seconds. I was thinking..hrm..whats up..

Well, yesterday was the first time Mariah saw me with my new haircut which she described as 'chic'. I thought it was well cut...and this was hardly the case which was one of the reasons why I decided to keep my hair long though just for a freaking year. I shall show you the pic of it at the bottom of this entry.

I kinda like it coz it's a bit fuss free and it gave me this thought that long hair..is so not me. I thought that having short hair would sorta kill the sex symbol in me..like hah..as if there is one in the first place. But hey, you'll never know..I mean, girls with long hair look super pretty..provided they are not as unruly as mine.

But maybe, this pre-notion that short hair kills the sexiness of a girl..may not be so true. I think it's just in your attitude in how you carry off your looks with an air of confidence whether short or long. You know like yesterday, at an esprit boutique, I went to a dressing room to try on this shirt and as I was about to enter this cubicle, I thought I saw this rather cute looking Chinese guy which I supposed must be waiting for his girlfriend. But it was kinda creepy that when he saw me, he didnt like look away and just kept on looking as I was putting down the things on the chair until I was closing the door. I mean..come on..give me some privacy here! When I went out after trying it out, he was still there..looking as I was talking to Mariah...and then I was thinking what boredom can do to you.

But since he's quite cute, I shall let the staring incident go.
Well, if let's say lah..that someone he waited for (which I assumed must be a girl..though I didnt quite see it) may not be his girlfriend or he's just someone who takes an opportunity to look at other girls with the girlfriend out of sight, and if Im a despo looking for attention, that could spell..uhm..something nice to think about. Wow, a guy looking at you and not letting go of his gaze. Fuyooh.....a girl can dream, cant she? Or in my case, dream on.
I seriously dont know how to react if such staring incident would suddenly turn out to be a little bit more like asking for a number or striking up a mini conversation. Being shy doesnt help either besides having a personality so flat you can step on me. SO to me, it's pretty scary. But seriously, I dont mind being friends with people that I just got to know after some friendly staring incident..hee. I think it's just a way of widening my social circle.
Oh, as promised..new do..a bit shy lah..thus, the sunglasses.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Comments

Popular Posts